Liven up your summer party table with these fun painted watermelon and pineapple salad servers. They make the perfect addition to your backyard barbecues, summer parties, and picnics, and they make great housewarming gifts too.
Watermelon and pineapple crafts and decor are on trend right now, so paint a mix-and-match pair like I did (pictured above), or paint separate watermelon and pineapple sets.
DIY Summer Salad Servers – what you need:
- Wood salad servers
- Paint – pink, yellow, green, white,black
- Paint brushes
- Paint sealer
Tip: If the salad servers you are using have a thick shiny coating on them, you might want to sand the area to be painted a little to help the paint adhere to them.
Apply two to three coats of paint to each of the handles (depending on how dark the wood is, and how thick your paint is), allowing each coat to dry thoroughly before applying the next. Please don’t paint the section that will be touching food, as most paint is not food safe.
Tip: If you stand your spoons in a cup you can paint all the way around without having to wait for one side of the handle to dry before painting the other side.
Paint the black ‘seeds’ and pineapple marks last, and once dry, apply a paint sealer over the top. Set aside to dry. I recommend gently hand washing your servers before use, and not putting them into the dishwasher.
- Free Printable Personalized Thank You Cards – Homemade Thank You Note From Kids
- How To Make Disney Pixar Incredibles 2 T-Shirts
- How To Make a Pineapple Garland: Summer DIY Craft
- Homemade Clay: How To Make Air Dry No-Bake Clay
- Watercolor Painting With Squirt Watercolor Guns: DIY Project