What a fun recipe and an easy dessert to make for the kids! My children went to my neighbor’s house for a play date yesterday and enjoyed these scrumptious Oreo Truffles. They came home literally shouting out the recipe as they ran through the door.
Thankfully, my friend Amy isn’t stingy with the full info!! Here are the deets:
- 1 box Oreo cookies (12.5 oz)
- One package of Philadelphia cream cheese (8 oz)
- 2 containers of Dolce Frutti chocolate
- (optional) powdered sugar
• In a blender/food processor grind the cookies into fine crumbs and then pour crumbs into a bowl.
• Add your cream cheese and combine until all crumbs are incorporated.
• Spread out a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
• Use a small ice cream scooper to make balls (about 40) and place onto paper. Be sure to roll the balls in your hand to make them smooth.
• Meanwhile, melt the chocolate (in a microwave or double boiler) until chocolate is smooth.
• Cover Oreo balls in chocolate, put back onto paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens. (About 20 minutes)
(OPTIONAL: sprinkle with powder sugar before serving)