This Marinated Salmon with Rice and Vegetables is a delicious meal that is healthy and filling! Ready in minutes the whole family will love this flavorful recipe!
Related Article: Baked Tilapia Recipe
I rarely write about fish, right?! Well, it’s time to change things up! Anyone a fan of salmon? I have a great recipe for you — Marinated Salmon with Rice and Vegetables.
Kale has been around for ages, but it seems to have made such a HUGE impact on the food industry in the last few years. Here’s a salmon recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1lb salmon fillet (cut into 4 portions)
- 3 cups basmati rice, prepared per package instructions
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
Marinade & Sauce:
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade/sauce. Reserve half to drizzle over the rice and vegetables.
- In a shallow glass dish, place the salmon and drizzle the remaining marinade over the fish. Refrigerate the covered dish for 30-60 minutes.
- Grill the salmon (skin side down) covered for 10-20 minutes until cooked.
- Steam the broccoli until just tender. Bring a pot of water with the carrots to a boil and cook until al dente.
- Prepare the rice per instructions. Stir in the kale, broccoli and carrots. (The heat from the rice will wilt and warm the kale.) Drizzle with the remaining sauce mixture and toss to coat.
Serve immediately with the grilled salmon.