Moms are always looking to “win” at snack time. I have three kids – believe me, I know all about it! 🙂 I’ve been making lunches for littles ones for almost a decade and have learned a trick or two about keeping children excited about mealtime.
If you are looking for cheap and easy ways to get your kids pumped about snack time, check out my list below!
5 Tips To Help Make Snack Time Fun For The Kids:
- Small Containers: I’m not kidding. My daughter has actually told me that she feels like she is opening up a little present when I pack her small containers for snacks. She is so eager to see what’s inside the box! When she pops it open, it’s a big treat. Blueberries!! Wow! Better than being in a clear plastic bag, right?
- Quirky Utensils: Think about it? What’s better? Eating yogurt with a boring old spoon… or with an ice cream shaped one? BOOM! I have a TON of different options for the kids to enjoy and we always change things up throughout the week. Doesn’t it make sense that an ice cream spoon makes things taste better? LOL!
- Get The Kids Involved: I found when the children pack their own snacks, they are more inclined to eat them. Same thing goes for meals by the way. If you have picky eaters at home, consider allowing them to help prepare food with you around dinnertime! You’ll be surprised at how quickly they come around. I asked Liam to help me out this morning with a photo and told him to grab a snack to put in his lunchbox. He opted for Mott’s Fruity Rolls. Not only are they sticky and fun to pull open, but they are filled with yummy goodness. A double win if you ask me.
- Compartments And Variety: On occasion, my children will decide that they don’t want their food to touch. No, really. It’s the strangest thing. When I see that they are in that sort of mood, I opt for one of these compartment plates. Everything has a place and there’s a place for everything. It’s a great way to spread out your different snack items and it lets the kids choose where to start first. If my kids want to start off with Mott’s Fruity Centers they can or they can unwrap their cheese first — completely up to them!!
- Head to Pinterest for Inspiration: When I’m in a bind, I know exactly where to go to get some fun ideas. Pinterest!! There are so many great pins online that can really get your creative juices flowing. Here are some of my favorites:
Whether packing school lunches in the morning or providing snacks for after-school activities, new Mott’s Fruity Rolls and Mott’s Fruity Centers are easy wins for mom. These new snacks fun for kids and made with the colors and flavors from natural sources that moms will also love.
And guess what? Your school can earn Box Tops with this purchase which is a MEGA BONUS for me! We are Box Top obsessed!!
Do you have any tips to help make snack time a blast for your kids? I would love to hear them!
*I’ve partnered up with Mott’s to help spread the word about their new Mott’s Fruity Rolls and Mott’s Fruity Centers.