John Witherspoon, the late American comedian and actor, was renowned for his razor-sharp wit and ability to deliver side-splitting humor. With a distinctive voice and impeccable comedic timing, he left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry. From his iconic roles in films like “Friday” to his memorable stand-up performances, Witherspoon had a knack for delivering hilarious and unforgettable lines.
His repertoire of funny quotes continues to bring laughter to audiences around the world, cementing his status as a beloved comedic legend. Whether it was his infectious catchphrases or his ability to find humor in everyday situations, John Witherspoon’s quotes serve as a testament to his comedic genius and the lasting impact he made in the comedy world.
Here are some of the best John Witherspoon quotes from a beloved American comedian and actor:
- “Bang! Bang! Bang! You’re dead, honkey!”
- “You got to coordinate!”
- “Don’t nobody go in the bathroom for about 35-45 minutes!”
- “That big old booty bouncing around. Boom, boom, boom.”
- Give me the two-piece special, lots of hot sauce. And all the fries you can give me.”
- “You gotta have your priorities straight. Your money and your weed. In that order.”
- “I’m gonna get you high today, ’cause it’s Friday. You ain’t got no job, and you ain’t got shit to do!”
- “Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen! In the goddamn refrigerator!”
- “You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.”
- “I tell you one thing about the ladies, they love a man who takes charge. Marry her!”
- “When you’re a kid, you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are gonna be right about that.”
- “First of all, you don’t know nothing about this.”
- “If you ain’t got no job and you not smokin’ weed, I don’t know what the f*** you are doin’ with your life.”
- “You can’t call nobody! You’re in jail!”
- “I’m old school, baby. I like romance before sex.”
- “You win an Oscar, your life changes within a minute.”
- “If you don’t take care of yourself, nobody else will.”
- “I’m 70 years old, baby! I ain’t got nothin’ to hide!”
- “You know what they say, the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.”
- “Don’t be silly, wrap your willy!”
- “You’ve gotta coordinate!”
- “The first piece of ass I ever had, I had to marry.”
- “When I first started in the business, I wanted to be the next Richard Pryor. Then I realized there’s already been a Richard Pryor, so I had to be the next John Witherspoon.”
- “My brother used to say that I was dumb and I’d never be successful. Well, guess what? I’m successful and he’s dumb.”
- “I’ll tell you one thing about Hollywood, they don’t like fat people.”
- “You know, I started out as a model, but then I realized that I could make people laugh.”
- “You gotta make it do what it do, baby!”
- “I ain’t scared of you, motherf*****s!”
- “I can’t even have a glass of milk without somebody f***ing with me.”
- “I’m a smart guy. I just do dumb things.”
- “You don’t understand. I got the hookup! Holla if you hear me!”
- “Everybody got a cousin that make good barbecue.”
- “I don’t care what people say about me. I know who I am, and I know what I’ve done.”
- “I’ve been in the business for over 40 years. I’ve seen it all.”
- “You gotta do what you gotta do, to get what you wanna get.”
- “I’m the funniest person I know.”
- “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
- “You gotta put some hot sauce on my burrito, baby!”
- “I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid of not living.”
- “I don’t care if you’re black, white, purple, or green. If you can make me laugh, we’re cool.”
- “I’m a grown-ass man, and I do what I want!”
- “You gotta hustle, baby. You gotta hustle!”
These quotes capture some of John Witherspoon’s wit, humor, and memorable lines from his various roles and stand-up comedy performances.
Who was John Witherspoon?
John Witherspoon (1942-2019) was an American comedian and actor. He was born on January 27, 1942, in Detroit, Michigan, and he passed away on October 29, 2019, in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California. Witherspoon gained popularity for his comedic talent and distinctive voice, becoming a beloved figure in the entertainment industry.
Witherspoon had a career spanning over five decades and was known for his appearances in numerous films, television shows, and stand-up comedy performances. He often portrayed humorous and memorable characters, bringing laughter to audiences.
Some of his notable roles include Willie Jones, the father figure in the “Friday” film series, Pops in the sitcom “The Wayans Bros,” and Robert “Granddad” Freeman in the animated series “The Boondocks.” Witherspoon’s comedic style was characterized by his ability to deliver hilarious lines with impeccable timing, earning him a dedicated fan base.
John Witherspoon left a lasting impact on the comedy world with his talent, charisma, and memorable performances. He is fondly remembered for his contributions to entertainment and is greatly missed by his fans and colleagues.
What are some movies he is best known for?
John Witherspoon is best known for his roles in several popular movies. Here are some of the films that showcased his talent and contributed to his fame:
- “Friday” (1995) – Witherspoon portrayed Willie Jones, the father of Ice Cube’s character, in this cult classic comedy.
- “Next Friday” (2000) – He reprised his role as Willie Jones in the sequel to “Friday.”
- “Friday After Next” (2002) – Witherspoon once again played Willie Jones in the third installment of the “Friday” series.
- “Boomerang” (1992) – He portrayed Mr. Jackson, a co-worker of Eddie Murphy’s character, in this romantic comedy.
- “Vampire in Brooklyn” (1995) – Witherspoon appeared as Silas Green, a preacher, in this horror-comedy film directed by Wes Craven.
- “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka” (1988) – He had a memorable cameo as Reverend Daddy Shaq in this blaxploitation parody film.
- “Soul Plane” (2004) – Witherspoon played the role of Blind Man, a passenger on the wacky airline featured in the film.
- “Little Man” (2006) – He portrayed Pops, the father of Marlon Wayans’ character, in this comedy about a man posing as a baby.
- “Hollywood Shuffle” (1987) – Witherspoon had a small role as Mr. Jones in this satirical comedy written and directed by Robert Townsend.
- “House Party” (1990) – He appeared as Mr. Strickland, the father of Kid’s love interest, in this popular teen comedy.
These films highlight John Witherspoon’s comedic abilities and contributed to his enduring popularity as an actor and comedian.