Did you know that:
- 69% of surveyed Americans experience feelings such as stress, anxiety, and worry when household items start to run low
- Over two-thirds of Americans surveyed run low on everyday household items at least once a week.
- More than half of full-time working parents (55%) say that daily errands keep them from spending quality time with friends and family.
Sound familiar? When it comes to FORO of bottled water, you can keep your healthy hydration on track because ReadyRefreshSM by Nestlé® has a great service that can come to the rescue!
That was my challenge! For two weeks, I had cameras set up in my house to monitor my water intake depending on how easy it was for me to access products from ReadyRefresh. The first week, I had ALL THE WATER. The team came in and gave me gallons and gallons (and gallons of water). We had sparkling and still, flavored and plain – our options were plentiful. Of course, we saw an uptick in our water intake because it was so accessible. I was so happy with the way my family was behaving around mealtime. EVERYONE grabbed water. BLISS!
Week two was a bit different. The team came back and took away a majority of the water – leaving us with just enough to get through the week. WAH!! It was a lot different when it wasn’t so easy. We instantly went back to our old ways. I started drinking caffeine all day and I truly felt different… and my kids did too.
The ReadyRefresh team had us TRACK our intake and did a little analysis on our water intake. Ready to hear the hard data?
My Water Analysis Results:
- Between Week 1 and Week 2, water decreased from 53% of total beverage intake to 36% of total beverage intake
- Water intake decreased by 44%
- Vera experienced a 46% decrease,
- William decreased by 43%,
- Natalie by 26%,
- Liam by 56%
- Caleb by 45%
- Water intake decreased by 44%
- Vera increased tea consumption by 55% during week 2.
- William eliminated all soda during week 1 but returned to its consumption during week 2.
- Natalie, Liam, and Caleb drank 22 juice boxes combined during week 2 after nearly giving them up completely during week 1.
Seeing the stats right in front of me is HARD PROOF that we do better as a family when we have the products in our home. Hands down. I need a service like ReadyRefresh to keep me on the right track.
Today, beverages account for 47% of added sugars in the US American Diet and more than 13% of calories consumed per day. The newly released 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that the primary beverage consumed should be either calorie-free – especially water – or should contribute beneficial nutrients such as fat-free and low-fat milk and 100% juice.(1)
Replacing a single 12-ounce, 140 calorie sugar-sweetened beverage with water each day for a year can cut more than 50,000 calories from one’s diet.(2)
I knew a few hours into the experiment that I was going to continue to use the ReadyRefresh service moving forward. ReadyRefresh believes that your hydration should never hinge on the inconvenience of restocking your water supply. Having your favorite bottled water on hand, without hassle, keeps you in control of what you drink, and when. Because when you’re thirsty, you should get to drink your beverage of choice—not fall victim to Fear of Running Out. With ReadyRefresh never suffer from the Fear of Running Out again.
With customizable deliveries of thirst-quenching water–from sparkling to still, in the brands you love most–you’ll never have to experience FORO for bottled water again. I couldn’t wait to stock up on Poland Spring, Nestlé Pure Life, S.Pellegrino, and Perrier! My kids LOVED it when we would place a S. Pellegrino bottle on our dinner table every night or when we gave them a Poland Spring bottle for lunch. With so many flavors to choose from, I completely understood why!
The ReadyRefresh mission is simple: make it easy for you and your family to live a healthier life. With just a few clicks, or a few taps on your mobile device, through ReadyRefresh.com, you’ll quickly customize your order for thirst-quenching beverages delivered right to your door. Whether you choose the easy access of a water dispenser or the flexibility of small on-the-go sizes, when you choose ReadyRefresh, you’re setting a good example by encouraging everyone in your home to drink more water.
Be sure to check out my video above to see my experiment recap. We had so much fun working with the team and learning just how easy it is to change our water intake habits!
Want more information? Visit ReadyRefresh.com.
I would love to hear about your own FORO experiences! Tag them on social with #NoMoreFORO on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. We’ve all been there, right? Can’t wait to see what you put online!!
I’m partnering with @ReadyRefresh for the Fear of Running Out campaign. All opinons are my own.
(1) S. Department of Agriculture and Health and Human Services. Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7th Edition, Washington, D.C.: Available http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/dietary_guidelines_for_americans/PolicyDoc.pdf