FROZEN Sven Granola Bars! Super duper fun! I mean – out of control amazing. Your daughters will go NUTS if they saw these, right? Imagine having a playdate and serving these up. WOWOWOWOOW! Ok – here are the directions in case you want to try to make them on your own.
FROZEN Sven Granola Bars
What You’re Going to Need to Make One Reindeer:
– Quaker Chewy Dips granola bar
– Tootsie Rolls candy
– Baker’s white chocolate
– Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses
- Cut one tootsie roll in half and use the palm of your hand to round one end forming Sven’s snout.
- With a sharp knife form Sven’s nostrils.
- Pinch a piece from your other tootsie roll half to form Sven’s eye sockets.
- Flatten that piece until you have a small disk shape.
- Cut away a piece from that disk so that you have something that resembles a crescent moon.
- On the rounded part of the moon use your knife to make an indention forming Sven’s eyebrows and use the bottom handle of the knife to make two small indentations which you will later fill with melted white chocolate for the eyes.
- Use the remaining piece of tootsie roll to form Sven’s lower lip and attach it to his snout right under the nostrils.
- Place the mouth, snout and eye pieces on your unwrapped granola bar as shown. The candy is very tacky and it will stick.
EARS & ANTLERS:
- Take your second piece of tootsie roll and cut it in half.
- Cover a toothpick with tootsie roll candy and roll it on the table forming Sven’s antler.
- Do this with a second toothpick to form the other antler.
- Pinch off the top portion of candy from each antler to make them uniform in shape and size.
- Roll two small pieces and attach them to the sides of each antler as shown.
- Pinch off more tootsie roll candy to form Sven’s ears using your knife to form an indention.
- Attach each ear to the top corners of your granola bar and push the tips slightly forward.
- Insert both toothpick antlers into the top of the granola bar.
- Unwrap one chocolate kiss and place it in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until just melted enough to be stirred with the tip of a knife. You do not want your chocolate to be liquid.
- Spread the dark chocolate onto the bottom half of your granola bar lifting up with your knife to form peaks resembling fur.
- Spread some more dark chocolate around and above Sven’s face and eyes.
- Place one square of white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until just melted enough to be stirred with the tip of a knife.
- With the tip of your knife transfer a small amount of melted white chocolate into Sven’s eye sockets.
- Use the rest of the white chocolate to form Sven’s beard. Be sure to lift up and out with your knife to form peaks of fur.
- Roll two teeny tiny pieces of tootsie roll candy and drop them into the whites of Sven’s eyes forming pupils.
- Dip a toothpick into your melted dark chocolate and dab two dots onto the tootsie roll pupils.
- Swirl the remaining dark chocolate with the tip of your toothpick and lift it out of the bowl until a small string of chocolate hangs from your toothpick. Use that to drape across Sven’s eyes forming eyebrows.
- Allow a few minutes to let your chocolate set before serving.