This free freezer inventory printable will help you save money at the grocery store and shave time off your meal planning sessions every week. Once you figure out what you have on hand, updating your food inventory will become a breeze.
It will be so easy to update is as you bring in new food or make dinner for the family. After a few days of using it, you won’t remember what life was like before inventorying your food at home!
What does a freezer inventory printable track? Using this printable will help you track the type of food you have stored in your freezer, the quantity of each item as well as the expiration dates.
Tips For Using This Kitchen Organization Printable
- Work on just your proteins – meats, chicken, fish – and lump like items together
- If you have multiple freezers, you can use the expiration column to note which freezer has what item. That is up to you.
- Consider using this tool to help you meal plan. Have too much pork in your freezer (like me if you check the above YouTube video) then make sure you look up easy pork recipes to cook for the week.
- Don’t go food shopping without consulting your home management binder. I keep this freezer printable in my personal binder and always reference it before I place an order for food.
- Your freezer inventory sheet should be the first thing you check before cooking. It only works if you keep it updated, though! Make sure that you cross off any protein that is no longer available because you’ve used it.
- When printing, make sure you print a double-sided copy. Might as well make the most of the paper you print!
- If you have a large enough space in your freezer, you can take advantage of big sales in the circular. It’s always good to know how much of each item you have on hand. This will help you spread out this purchase accordingly.
Keeping Your List Updated
When you first set up your food inventory list, it can feel overwhelming. It’s not that it’s hard, it’s just that it will take a bit to get through everything in your house.
However, once you have it all set up, updating it is a breeze. Cross off any item you take out of the fridge and use for dinner. Add all the items you bring in from the grocery market.
Your list should look like one big mess by the end of the month – and that is OK! It means that you are working through your freezer as you SHOULD.
When you’ve run out of spaces, simply print a new copy and replace in your binder.
Managing your freezer pantry grocery inventory has never been easier!