Earth Day Sprout Cupcakes
Looking for a fun Earth Day activity to do with the kids? How about making Earth Day Sprout cupcakes? Really cute idea and the “dirt” is edible! 🙂 The terra cotta pots were found at a local dollar store. So, you might not be able to find the EXACT match… but I am sure you will come close.
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Ready in 60 minutes
- 1 box chocolate cake (plus required ingredients)
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
- Green taffy
- Mini terra-cotta clay pots
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box. Allow to completely cool.
- Place chocolate cookies in a large resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- If using terra-cotta clay pots, place one cupcake (still in the liner) inside of each pot, and then continue with the following steps.
- Spread a layer of chocolate frosting on each cupcake. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top to create the appearance of
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut out leaves and sprouts from the taffy. Place a sprout in the center of each cupcake.
Note: The terra-cotta clay pots shown in final photo are 3 for $1 at Dollar Tree.