Decorating your home for the holiday’s doesn’t have to be expensive, you can DIY fabulous pieces that you will be able to use for years to come, such as artwork for your walls. The best part is you don’t even need to be creative, or an artist to make something that will be sure to impress.
DIY Holiday Artwork For Your Home
If you have a printer in your home, you can make a set of 6 winter-themed frames just like these for about $10.
DIY Holiday Artwork – What You Need:
- Frames – I picked the ones pictured for just $1 each at my local dollar store.
- Watercolor paper
- Paint and a paintbrush – I used silver glitter and silver metallic
- A photo editing service that contains graphics such as PicMonkey or Canva – they have free and paid versions of both of these
How To Get Started On This DIY Holiday Artwork
The first thing you need to do is find the graphics you want to display on your walls. I used PicMonkey for the ones you see here. I went with a simple winter theme so that if I forget to take them down right after Christmas it won’t matter! They can stay up all winter long.
Depending on the color you want to paint your image you might want to lighten the color of the graphic before you print it. Most of these were black or had red on them, but because I wanted to paint them all silver glitter I lightened each to grey before printing.
You just need to click on the color you want or add the hex code for the color you want if it’s a very specific one.
If your watercolor paper doesn’t come in standard letter size you will want to cut it to size to fit into your printer, then change your printer settings so that they are set for card or specialty papers.
Print your images onto the watercolor paper and you can start painting. The reason I use watercolor paper is when it’s wet it doesn’t wrinkle, become see-through, or tear like regular paper would.
I applied one coat of silver metallic to each image, and then once dry added a coat of silver glitter.
Once your images are dry you are ready to pop them into frames and hang them on the wall.
What do you think? Easy enough, right? Will you try these DIY holiday artwork ideas? I hope you do!
Pin this DIY Holiday Artwork idea
Looking for more DIY Holiday Craft Ideas?
- DIY Peppermint Holiday Decor
- 20 DIY Christmas Card Ideas
- Cheap Homemade Christmas Decorating Ideas
- DIY Holiday Ornament Wreath
- DIY Homemade Marble Clay Ornament
- DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
- Holiday Garland Using Christmas Cards
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree