Learn how to make the best Cauliflower Mac and Cheese that is so good you will not even miss the pasta! Ragu makes it easy to have delicious meals at home in minutes!
This week Ragú® invited Lady and the Blog to join in for a creative n’ hands-on cooking event in NYC. They shared some of the latest and greatest spins on traditional pasta dishes. One common ingredient was missing….PASTA. Yes I know how can you have #NationalPastaDay without the pasta. I was skeptical at first too, until the first bite. I was slapped then kicked with the amount of flavor in the dishes. My taste buds literally danced a merengue in my mouth. The first thought that came to my mind was I can totally fool my kids!!
Here are some recipes we learned:
Cauliflower “Mac” & Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets, stem sliced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 jar (1 lb.) Ragu® Double Cheddar Sauce
Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 1
minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in large pot and cook cauliflower until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Stir in Ragu® Double Cheddar Sauce; toss until coated. Pour mixture into 8 x 8-inch baking dish; sprinkle with crumb mixture Bake 15 minutes or until bubbling and crumbs are golden.
Tip: Stir in your favorites such as crisp-cooked crumbled bacon, a small can of diced green chilies or thawed frozen peas, or top with chopped fresh tomato.
- 1 spaghetti squash, (about 4 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- Pierce squash with knife 5 or 6 times. Arrange squash on paper towel in microwave and microwave at HIGH 15 minutes or until soft, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Cut in half; remove and discard seeds. With fork, gently scrape squash to pull apart spaghetti like strands.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, red pepper and yellow squash 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender. Add Sauce and simmer 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce mixture over spaghetti squash and garnish, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
My partner Nicole from Bronx Mama and I decided to put a spin on the Mac and Cheese. With a little Latin influence.
We added some chorizo and red pepper and sautéed . Mixed it in with the cauliflower, redpeppper flakes (caliente) and Ragu’s cheddar sauce and topped it with tortilla crumbs and mozzarella cheese instead of plain old bread crumbs. Baked it for 20 minutes until it was bubbly and golden brown. I must say It was a crowd favorite. We were some great IMPASTAS!!
For more Recipes make sure to check out Ragú® on Pinterest… Your belly wont regret it!