This year, I’ve teamed up with a handful of amazing bloggers and friends for a really exciting project. Meet the new Alamo Chief Travel Moms!! You know that I am travel obsessed – especially family travel considering I have 3 little ones. Having children never stopped me from hitting the road and I am so excited to be part of a program that is dedicated to offering up tips to other women looking to explore and see the world with their families in tow.
The Alamo Chief Travel Moms Include:
- Rene Syler – Good Enough Mother // @GoodEnufMother
- Audrey McClellan – Mom Generations // @AudreyMcClellan
- Angela Sellari – About A Mom // @AboutAMom
- Jennifer Quillen – The Rebel Chick // @TheRebelChick
- Jordan Reid – Ramshackle Glam // @RamshackleGlam
- Crissy Page – Dear Crissy // @Crissy
- Tésa Nicholanti – 2 Wired 2 Tired // @2Wired2Tired
- Caroline Knapp of House Of Harper @HouseOfHarper
And me!! 🙂 In case you don’t already know my Twitter and Instagram handles — it’s @VeraSweeney. Pretty easy, right?
Throughout the program, this group will focus on all the benefits that travel has to offer a family. This includes focusing on those laughable moments – you know the ones that make us grab our cameras so we can document / remember, the family bonding, the connectivity and more. We hope to inspire you to pack a bag and visit places that you’ve always wanted to see because family travel is the most rewarding travel of all!!
I had the opportunity to visit Italy a few years ago for work and my first thought was to go without the kids because it would be so much easier. After much discussion, my husband and I decided that we had to go as a family unit. It was a memory we simply could not create without our babies by our side. Well, I am so happy that we made that decision because we had such an amazing time together and they still talk about the gladiators and Colosseum.
So, what’s coming up this year? Here’s some highlights!
- In the Fall, we’re having a Twitter party — 11/12 at 8PM EST. Use hashtag #AlamoDriveHappy
- Be sure to bring photos of something that represents ‘basic’ family travel to the chat – not necessarily of your family. Wait and see what’s planned for that during the twitter party.
- In the Winter, we will talk about family travel resolutions. Do you make any? I LOVE this idea!
- In the Spring, it will be about accomplishing goals through travel. We will show how through heightened family travel with Alamo you can build bonds amongst family members.
- And last but not least, in the Summer, we will celebrate accomplishments. So much to do !!
Be sure follow #AlamoDriveHappy and @Alamo on Twitter to find out more!
Sign Up And Become An Insider:
Did you know that if you sign up and become an Alamo Insider, you will get an additional 5% off of Alamo’s already low prices! Why NOT take advantage of this great program? It’s free. It’s easy. And it lowers your travel bills. Yes. Please.
This is SO GREAT TO KNOW because last year, we took a super fun road trip. Maybe this summer we will do it again! This time, I’d love to do it out WEST. Fly everyone out to California and just start exploring. The possibilities are endless with Alamo.
* I’ve teamed up with Alamo to help them promote the Alamo Drive Happy program. All opinions are my own.