Pizza night! Always a favorite in my household. We are officially pros at it too. Bill and I were both born and raised in NYC. You could say pizza sauce runs in our blood. 🙂 So, when it’s Friday night and we put a Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza in the oven, you better believe we take things to the next level. The flavor is all there – so there’s not much to do in that department. But I do have a few tips to share to help you make the most of your night in with your significant other.
I know it’s always fun to get out and let a restaurant cater to your every need. But that’s not always possible, right? My husband and I have a set date night on the calendar where we know that we are going to stay home and take it easy. We still want great food – there’s no sacrificing TASTE – but we don’t want to worry about putting on an elaborate ordeal. Frozen pizza is a great way to start as long that frozen pizza promises the crunch and flavors that you are looking for, like Ristorante.
And let’s be honest folks… after five full days of two dogs, three kids and four blogs… I can barely get it together on Friday night. I need to lean on something I know is going to work for both me and my husband. Want to amp up your pizza night on your Friday night? Check out my following tips —
5 Ways To Amp Up Pizza Night
1. Start Off With A Salad: If you are having a night at home with your loved one, consider stretching it out as you would if you had reservations at a restaurant. Start off with your favorite salad! Keep it simple and toss your favorite greens with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and shaved parmesan. Top it off with your favorite dressing.
2. Grab a Bottle of Wine: Do you like red or white wine with your pizza? People go either way with this cuisine. Skip the soda or the seltzer and say cheers with your loved one while sipping on some merlot or pinot instead. I love to add a little Sprite and ice to my wine – making it a spritzer (just like my grandfather used to have it). But that’s just me! My husband is a HUGE fan of RED and I actually favor white. Sometimes we open both! 🙂 WHY NOT?! You can always cook with what’s left over the next day.
3. Think Variety: The good thing about Ristorante Pizza is the VARIETY they offer. Pictured above are both Speciale and Vegetale. Nothing beats crispy pepperoni. I LITERALLY just ate a slice before writing this up. YUM!! My husband and I love this combo because we can have a slice of both the veggie and the meat. Two people can share one – but honestly – I like to make two different kinds for variety.
4. Go Thin Crust. YES!!! I love thin crust. It’s funny because I just went away with two people who were from Chicago and we had a little NY vs. Chicago Pizza thing going on. They insisted that DEEP DISH was the way to go. It’s just not my cup of tea. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING beats a thin crust pizza. Yum and YUM.
5. Set The Mood: Light a candle. Put on some music. Set the table. Do NOT – under any circumstance – take out the plastic plates. Make this night count. After all, it’s about the two of you. A night in together is just as special as a night out on the town.
Do you have any tips to share? If so, please do because we LITERALLY have pizza once a week! Could use all the advice you have.
For more information about Dr. Oetker’s Ristorante Pizza, click here. It’s the number one frozen pizza brand in Italy.
* this is a sponsored post, opinions are my own.