There are a few habits that we all need to break. Personally, I need to work on diminishing my affection towards bacon … but that’s an entirely different post. This write up is going to be all about quick beauty tips that can help us all enjoy better skin by Fall.
5 Beauty Mistakes To Avoid This Summer
1. Say “No” to dry shaving. No matter how busy you are, dry shaving causes unnecessary razor burn and irritation. The best time to shave is after you’ve been in the shower for 2-3 minutes. While you are adding the water, you might as well add some gel as well. Consider using a gel like Venus with a Touch of Olay Violet Swirl.
2. Be sure to use SPF every single day – even when you aren’t hitting the beach. Yes! It’s important. Your skin needs to be taken care of 24 hours a day. An easy way to never forget is to purchase daily moisturizer that has SPF already mixed in. I’m a fan of Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.
3. Having a full day out in the sun? Protect your hair too! There are a few products on the market to use that will protect your locks while you are out for a full day of fun. First of all, start with a HAT. That’s always best. Runners up include Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil and a leave in conditioner like the one sold from Ouidad.
4. Don’t wash your hair every day (ever)… especially not in the summer. You need the natural oils that your scalp produces to counter all the drying that is occurring from the beating sun and other elements. Learn a few easy hair styles by checking out YouTube tutorials using bobby pins and braids for the front of your hair and call it a day. Make your washes last a bit longer and give your hair a break from over-styling.
5. Every night clean off all your make up – even though it feels like it’s melted off. Honestly, by the end of the day, odds are most of it HAS but you need to wipe that skin CLEAN and give it a once over with Simple Water, Cleansing Micellar. I’m not kidding. Sometimes I use cleansing wipes on my face and depending on the brand, my skin can get irritated. Well, I get no reaction if I end my routine with Simple. I’m not working with them. I am telling you straight up that I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I see an absolute difference in my skin since incorporating this into my nightly run.
What are some of your beauty must-dos / must avoids for summer? Would love to hear! I’m always up for new tips and tricks!