Father’s Day is my husband’s favorite holiday! It’s all about him all day long. The kids really get a kick out of pampering Dad and go out of their way to make sure he is comfortable, content and smiling from ear to ear.
We’ve been quietly working on a few treats and wanted to give you some suggestions in case you have little ones looking to get involved.
5 Easy Ways for Kids To Treat Dad On Father’s Day
1. Handmade Greeting Cards: The Best. The kids LOVE using my printer paper (like it’s their job) and create the most beautiful stories with illustrations for Bill to hold onto as a keepsake. And believe me, we keep them all!
2. Put on a Play: Grab what costumes and decorations you can and stage a little performance for the man of the house. Make sure to give the kids enough time to rehearse because you want to make sure everyone is on the same page when the lights officially dim. Mom – be sure to take lots of pictures of Dad’s reactions. Then create a photo book of the event. Fun!
3. A nice hot cup of coffee in the morning: Nothing says I love you more than waking up to your favorite cup of joe waiting for you on the kitchen table. Want to add a little personal touch? Have the kids pick some flowers from the backyard and place them right next to the mug. So sweet.
4. Hidden Gems: Have the kids hide little presents throughout the house and have Dad go on a scavenger hunt to find them. The gems can be anything from their favorite toys to pictures of old family vacations. Whatever they decide on, be sure that Dad has something really special at the end waiting for him.
5. Dinner Made: Have the kids make dinner for Dad (with some supervision from Mom, of course!). Choose something that is easy to make and delicious to eat. We like to lean on Ristorante Pizza because there are so many great flavors to choose from and the quality cannot be beat. Did you know that Ristorante Pizza by Dr. Oetker is Italy’s number one frozen pizza? If it’s good enough for the Italians… it’s good enough for me. LOL! Nobody knows pizza like them, after all.
In case you haven’t heard of Ristorante Pizza, let me tell you a bit about the brand. Thin crust with the perfect crunch! They bake in about 10 minutes and have PLENTY of flavors to choose from:
My husband is a TRUE variety lover. So, for Father’s Day we will be sure to choose a Ristorante Pizza that is topped with lots of goodies. We had a little fun and did a test run — notice how the kids are pretending to be waiters. Too cute!
Fun, family and food is the recipe for our perfect Father’s Day in. Visit the Dr. Oetker USA Facebook page for your chance to win the Savor Your Summer sweepstakes and find out how you can set the mood for your Perfect Night In this summer.
To find out where you can purchase Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza, click here to walk through their store locator.
What are your tips for the perfect Father’s Day?
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Dr. Oetker USA LLC. I received compensation for this post; however, all opinions stated are my own.