I have a great dessert to make for your kids using Rice Krispies Treats! And guess what? You can make these Pirate Treasure Chest Rice Krispie Treats in 5 minutes or less! All you need to do is have the following ingredients on hand and assemble. No cooking required. Perfect for Pirate-Themed Birthday parties or a fun movie night. I am in LOVE!
Pirate Treasure Chest Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 1 pkg. Cocoa Krispies Treats
- 1 pkg. Rice Krispies Treats
- 2 Laffy Taffy Ropes, Banana
- Edible Food Writing Pen
- Candy for chests: Rock Candy, Jolly Ranchers, Gold Coins, Pearl Candy
- Plastic swords, for decoration
1. Unwrap 2 Rice Krispies treats. Cut 1/3 off one of the treats for the top of the chest. Leave the other treat whole for the bottom of the chest.
2. Cut the Laffy Taffy down the length of the rope so you have 3 equal sections.
3. Take 2 pieces of the taffy and press onto the top of the chest, to look like 2 stripes. Take a tiny little square of taffy and press onto the front side to resemble a lock.
4. Take 2 small strips of the taffy and press onto the front side of the bottom of the chest. Line these up with the top stripes when the trunk is closed. Press a tiny little square of taffy on the front side to resemble a lock.
5. With the writing pen, draw a little lock on each little square lock.
6. Place a few pieces of each type of candy on top of the bottom chest and place the top piece of the chest on it. Make sure the back is pressed down to look like the chest is hinged, and the front is up to appear opened.
7. Great for parties!