How To Make Star Bath Bombs! So much fun, right?! I love it! Have you ever wanted to make your own bath bombs? My daughter LITERALLY just took a bath today with one from LUSH. So, this is a much cheaper alternative!! The ingredients are all pretty simple and check out the FUN finale!
- 1/2 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Witch Hazel (in a spray bottle)
- Essential Oil
- Neon Pink Food Coloring
- Seashell Model Silicone Cake Molds Chocolate Molds Biscuit Molds Baking Tools
- In a large bowl combine your citric acid and baking soda. Stir until well blended. Then add in your essential oils. About 1-3 drops.
- Add in your olive oil and stir.
- Add 3 drops of neon pink (or your color of choice) food coloring and stir. Want a different color? Add a few drops at a time until you reach your desired shade! I used about 6 drops in total. Note: Don’t do this all at once. If you do, it will make the bomb start to fizzle. YIKES!
- Spritz your bath bomb mixture with witch hazel (a few short spritz is all you need). This helps the bath bombs mixture stick together.
- Firmly press your mixture into your mold. Pack it in tightly.
- Harden overnight. Optional: Cover with aluminum foil (it acts as a heating agent).
- After 24 hours, unmold your bath bombs by gently pressing the silicone mold from the back side. Everything pops right out.
- Keep your bath bombs stored in an airtight container that is completely dry and free from any moisture. When ready to use, plop one into your bath and enjoy!