Guess who is anemic!? ME!!!!!!! It all makes sense right now. While I don’t have ALL of these symptoms – check it out:
- Anxiety often resulting in OCD-type compulsions and obsessions
- Irritability or a low feeling
- Mouth ulcers
- Hair loss
- Fainting or feeling faint
- Twitching muscles
- Pale yellow skin
- Tingling, numbness, or burning sensations
- Missed menstrual cycle
- Slow social development
- Glossitis (inflammation or infection of the tongue)
- Angular cheilitis (inflammatory lesions at the mouth’s corners)
- Koilonychia (spoon-shaped nails) or nails that are weak or brittle
- Poor appetite
- Pruritus (itchiness)
- Dysphagia due to formation of esophageal webs (Plummer-Vinson syndrome)
- Restless legs syndrome
I bolded what I usually deal with. Isn’t this CRAZY!?
My whole life I’ve been BORDERLINE anemic. Every blood test – the doc would tell me that I ALMOST present as an anemic but have never officially been given the title. Well, while at the hospital this week the ER doctor told me I WAS anemic officially. I didn’t have a chance to look it up until right now and found this list on Wikipedia. Out of control!
The heart palpitations.
The shortness of breath.
BOOM! Thank GOD because I was so afraid of having to see a cardiologist! I’m going to the doctor in a few minutes and am going to bring this up. What a relief.
But now I understand my bacon obsession! I mean… I’ve been OUT OF CONTROL lately with the pig. Wonder if that will go away once the baby comes?