I finally bit the bullet… I got one of those neck pillows that some people use while traveling on airplanes. For my ENTIRE LIFE I’ve made fun of people who bring these on board. No really. Mentally, I would scoff at them as they passed me while walking to their seats. Oh the judgement I had…
But then I logged 24,000 miles on Delta alone this year (plus a few trips on JetBlue) and have had a pretty significant mind shift about the accessory. Make room on that wagon folks, cause mamma is coming on board!!
I have become an airplane pillow person – even bought each of my kids one to use the next time we go away as a family. I just don’t care anymore. I need to sleep when I am above 10,000 feet apparently. That’s how I avoid getting a migraine while traveling. So, if you can’t beat them – join them!
My next trip is in a few weeks and you better believe that I will be carrying this bad boy with me on board.
And as you know, I’m an all or nothing kinda gal. So, I finally decided that Delta is going to be my airline of choice. My next trip will bring me to Silver Status which I am SUPER excited about. What does that mean? Hopefully a few upgrades this year??? I have to call and find out specifically but here is what the website says:
- Priority Check-in—Dedicated check-in at SkyTeam partner positions
- Priority Boarding—Advance boarding where available
- Priority Reservation Waitlist Priority—Priority waitlist status on purchased tickets only
- Priority Airport Standby—Priority placement on a partner’s standby list
- Preferred Economy Class Seating—Subject to availability, we will always attempt to accommodate your seating preference
- Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling in First/Business class of service. Present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight.
Do you have status on Delta? What does waitlist priority mean exactly?? I’m a bit confused – do they automatically put you on the waitlist or do you have to request to be placed on it?