We had so much fun putting together the Gingerbread Museum from The Night at the Museum. I had the opportunity to interview the entire cast and see the screening, but had to pass because my son had surgery. Luckily, one of my writers went in my place — more info on that in a bit. The kids needed a little indoor fun and this activity was PERFECT! Liam can’t do much these days as he is still healing. A little sugary construction was EXACTLY what the kids needed!!
There are so many kits online that you can purchase and bring home for your family to enjoy. Here are my top 5 favorite:
- Create-a-treat Gingerbread House Kit, Deluxe Model
- Wilton 2104-1914 Pre-Baked Gingerbread House Kit, Petite
- Wonka Gingerbread House (Cottage) Candy Kit with Runts, Nerds, Sweetarts and Bottlecaps for trim
- Create A Treat Create-a-Treat Gingerbread Ginger Bread Train Kit
- Wilton Pre-baked Gingerbread Tree Kit
Also just an FYI – if you have a Trader Joe’s near you, they have a GREAT KIT TOO! I usually pick up one from them during a weekly food run. It always happens!