Everyone knows that my children are picky eaters. It isn’t always fun. I’m not going to lie. But when I made this Spicy Thai Chicken and Noodle Soup last night for the kids… they devoured it. I’m NOT KIDDING. I was SHOCKED. They were begging for me. I ended up with NO leftovers. HUH?
And the best part? The entire recipe took 25 minutes to make. Enough yapping… here’s the recipe (which I found from The Rachael Ray Magazine).
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 star anise pods
- 4 ounces rice noodles (about the thickness of linguine) –> I used about 6 ounces
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded –> I used about 3/4 of the chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tbsp.)
- Bean sprouts, small mint leaves and thinly sliced red jalapeños or Fresno chiles, for topping –> I left out the chiles and jalapeños
- Sriracha, for serving –> I put about 5 drops in my but my husband put a TABLESPOON in his bowl! Up to you.