This list of Books For Second Grade Girls will help get your child interested in reading. From fun and whimsy to mystery and intrigue, this list has it all!
My daughter doesn’t typically pick chapter books from the library. She is still into reading books filled with pictures. But as a second grader, it’s TIME to move on and get into some sort of series. While speaking with friends during after school pick up, I put together a great list. Wanted to share just in case you had a girl who was in either the second or third grade that hasn’t found a story she loved yet.
List Of Chapter Books For Second Grade Girls: A Variety To Help Get Your Child Interested In Reading
List Of Chapter Books For Second Grade Girls: Friend Recommendation
- Roo Ciambriello: Little House series!!! Boxcar Children!! Loved those series.
- Christina Strickland: My kids liked the Hank the Cowdog series.
- Angela England: Sarah plain and tall, little house in the big woods.
- Emily Vanek: Magic Tree House, Wimpy Kid books, Harry Potter.
- Andrea Peskind Katz: Junie B Jones, Judy Moody
- Elizabeth Norton: Magic Tree House
- Robin Elton: Trixie Belden. Rainbow Magic, Bad Kitty, Stink books and Captain Underpants
- Amy Tucker: Any of the Black Stallion books and any of Marguerite Henry’s books.
- Clarissa Nassar: Judy Moody and Ramona and Beezus
- Victoria Pericon: geronimo stilton was a big deal for my daughter then
- Elena Sonnino: Nancy Drew, Time Warp Trio, and for non fiction: books from the Who Was Series (biographies)
- Leticia Barr: Encyclopedia Brown
- Cecily Kellogg: My daughter is really into graphic novels
- Shana Dieli: RL Stine, Amelia Badelia, and classics like Anne of Green Gables
Do you have any chapter books you’d like to share? Would love to get your recommendations!!