If you give a man a fish… he eats for one day. If you teach a man how to fish and… you know the saying! I’m going to teach you how to make your very own scented candles. WHAT?! So exciting! And believe me, candle making is not as hard as you think.
- Soy Wax for Containers – Yaley Enterprises (Microwavable)
- Candle Wicks – Amazon
- Mason Jar / Re-purposed Jar – I re-purposed an old Jam jar.
- 1 Crayon – Color of your choice. I used Crayola blue.
- Glass Measuring cup
- 100% Pure Essential Oil – Lavender- Young Living (20-40 drops)
- Crazy glue
- Popsicle Sticks (optional)
How To Make Scented Candles
- You must use double the amount of soy wax that will fill up your mason jar- Fill up the mason jar with soy wax twice and place the soy wax into the glass measuring cup
- Cut up your crayon and place the pieces into the measuring cup
- Superglue the candle wick to the inside (center) of the mason jar
- Place glass measuring cup (with wax and crayon pieces) into microwave
- Check on the wax in 1-minute intervals – stirring the wax and the crayons each time. Stir with Popsicle stick. Keep going until the wax is completely liquid and the crayon is completely melted. Takes approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Place 20-40 drops of the essential oil into the mixture & stir
- Pour the mixture into the mason jar
- To keep your candle wick standing upright – you can get a little creative. I used 2 Popsicle sticks and some tape to hold them steady
- LET COOL for ~2 hours
- Cut the wick if it’s too long
- Decorate the jar with some twine & a faux flower
TA DA! Not that hard, right? Now you know how to make scented candles that you can give out at your next family gathering and everyone will fall in love with them.