Ok, so on Friday I went to CVS and took advantage of a TON of their Black Friday deals which earned me a boat load of ECB. Today, I decided to finally try the GIFT CARD PROMOTION. If you check the circular, there are “Free Gift Card” images over certain items. If you buy $30 worth of those items, you will earn a $10 gift card. You can pick anything from The Gap, to CVS, to American Express. LOTS OF OPTIONS.
So, I did two transactions (REMEMBER I BUY 4 NEWSPAPERS A WEEK)
- (3x) Tide $5.94 – used $2/1 Tide Detergent, exp. 11/30/11 (P&G 10/30/11)
- $6 x 3= $18 towards $30
- Then minus $6 in coupons for actual out of pocket expense = $12
- (2) Dawn $.99 – used $.20 off coupon, $0.20/1 Dawn Product, exp. 12/31/11 (P&G 11/27/11)
- Adds $1.80 to total
- (2x) Oral B Cross Action Toothbrush $4.99, (2)$3/1 Oral B Battery Toothbrush from the 11/27 PG
- $4.99 x 2= $10 towards 30
- Then minus $6 in coupons for actual out of pocket expense = brings me to $20
So, I paid $20 out of my pocket – but was able to use ECB from last week which brought me down basically to tax. I then earned $10 in CVS ECB for another purchase.
In this instance, I paid $1.42 an item – had 7 items. This would be what you would pay if you didn’t have any ECBs from last week. If you count my ECB, I paid pennies for each item.
- (4x) Pantene 2/$6.97 = $27.88 – used (4) $3/2 Pantene Product, exp. 12/31/11 (P&G 11/27/11)
- So out of pocket from this is $15 (towards $30)
- (3) Dawn $.99 – used $.20 off coupons, $0.20/1 Dawn Product, exp. 12/31/11 (P&G 11/27/11)
- Adds $2.37 to total
So, I paid $17.37 out of pocket – but again – was able to use ECB from last week. I then earned $10 in CVS ECB for another purchase.
In this instance, I paid about $1 an item. This would be what you would pay if you didn’t have any ECBs from last week. If you count my ECBs, again – it would be pennies an item.
My total out of pocket expense charged to my card was $6.15.
- I saved $89.80 this week.
- I earned $20 in ECB for next week.
So worth it!
Be sure to check out this week’s circular – the second transaction can be copied. Just go out and buy today’s paper 4x!!!
* I am part of the CVS Holiday Savings Squad and PROUD OF IT! 🙂