Charcoal mask benefits have been seen for decades and are finally becoming trendy in the beauty world. Many women are turning to activated charcoal for skin issues and finding great relief.
In fact, charcoal mask benefits are far outweighing traditional over the counter products consumers previously reached for in the past. Why? Because activated charcoal effectively cleanses the skin, unclogs pores, and removes deeper impurities without harsh chemicals or prescriptions.
Charcoal Mask Benefits And Why Charcoal Face Wash Should Be Part Of Your Routine
It all comes down to how charcoal works. Dirt, toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, and other poisons are actually attracted to the charcoal. So, if you opt for a charcoal face wash or a charcoal body wash, whatever you want off of your skin will essentially latch on to the scrub or soap.
Are Charcoal Masks Good For Your Skin?
Yes. Charcoal masks are good for your skin. There are so many wonderful charcoal benefits for skin issues that you should seriously consider working an activated charcoal face mask into your nightly routine TODAY.
The charcoal mask benefits include unclogging pores and absorbing environmental pollutants and dirt from your skin. Have acne? Great news! Charcoal is especially good for people with blemishes and blackheads.
Are Charcoal Masks Good For Sensitive Skin?
Acne-causing bacteria is what gives someone pimples and inflammation on the skin. Activated charcoal can help lift the bacteria from your pores which will improve your overall skin’s complexion.
So, there are truly charcoal mask benefits for people with sensitive skin.
How To Use Activated Charcoal On Your Face
If you want to first start off with a charcoal facial wash, here is how you can get started:
- Mix the activated charcoal powder with a bit of water and apply a thin layer on your face.
- Let it sit for around ten minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this process up to three times a week.
Best Charcoal Face Wash Brands
This section contains affiliate links
If you’d like to check out some options today for charcoal face washes, here are some top picks:
- Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Cleanser for Oily and Acne-Prone skin – No:1 CHARCOAL CLEANSING BRAND: With natural charcoal, known for its ability to draw out and trap deep down impurities
- Organic Doctor Purifying Charcoal Face Wash – Free from: Parabens, SLS, Synthetic colors, BHT, Phthalates, Petroleum, Glycols, DEA, Isothiazolinnes, Mineral Oil, Silicones
- All Natural Activated Charcoal Facial Cleanser – Organic Daily Acne Treatment, Face Wash for Smooth Skin – The natural, deep cleansing activated charcoal reduces wrinkles, dark spots and removes toxins by drawing out and trapping impurities, releasing clogged pores to breathe life into your skin again.
- Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Cleanser – SALICYLIC ACID to deep clean pores. TOMATO EXTRACT for an antioxidant rich, skin strengthening, power packed punch.
- Baebody Activated Charcoal Facial Cleanser – Activated Charcoal helps to remove toxins, dirt, oil & other harmful particles from the surface of your skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion clear of blemishes.
- boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser – A warming Charcoal cleanser that deeply cleans, detoxifies, unclogs dirty skin and helps minimize the appearance of pores for brighter, more clarified complexion.
- Charcoal Face Wash Bar Soap – A healthy, radiant complexion starts with removing impurities and keeping your skin hydrated.
- Activated Charcoal Scrub 10 oz – For Deep Cleansing & Exfoliation – Pore Minimizer & Reduces Wrinkles, Acne Scars, Blackhead Remover & Anti Cellulite Treatment – Great Body Scrub & Facial Cleanser – Our specially formulated dual action scrub not only uses the coveted salts of the dead sea, but also uses activated charcoal to expel excess oil and impurities in the skin.
- New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body – Clarifying Mud Mask is based on an advanced formula composed of Dead Sea mineral mud that gently purifies and cleans clogged pores. Combined with an herbal complex of Aloe-Vera, Calendula Oil, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed and Jojoba Oil.
Are Charcoal Face Masks Good For Oily Skin?
Absolutely! Charcoal face masks are great for oily skin. While charcoal is known to remove toxins like sweat and dirt, it can also clean out your pores and prevent the build-up of excess dead skin cells and oil.
As someone who has combination skin, this is great information for me to have. I constantly struggle with oily skin and always have to worry about clogged pores. There are many charcoal mask benefits that my skin could benefit from!
Best Charcoal Face Mask Brands
Ready to give a charcoal face mask a try? Here are some options to get you started:
- Loreal Paris Skincare Pure-Clay Face Mask with Charcoal for Dull Skin to Detox & Brighten Skin – Face mask with 3 Pure Clays and Charcoal is best for dull skin to detox and brighten; get up to 10 uses from one jar
- Burt’s Bees Detoxifying Charcoal Sheet Mask, 6 Count – Invigorate your skin with this one time Burt’s Bees Charcoal Sheet Mask that removes impurities, dirt and grime leaving skin hydrated and healthy-looking
- Black Mask-Blackhead Removal Mask Peel Off Facial Black Mask – The Blackhead Remover Mask Can Be Used to Remove Blackheads or Fine Hairs From Your Forehead, Nose, Chin or Cheeks.
- Naiyo Black Mask, Blackhead Remover Mask, Charcoal Peel Off Mask – Remove acne, blackheads, and blemishes. Help to remove stubborn stain or oil spots on your face.
- MAJESTIC PURE Dead Sea Mud Mask Infused With Tea Tree Oil – Supports Acne Prone and Oily Skin, for Women and Men – Majestic Pure Tea Tree oil-infused Dead Sea Mud Mask is effective to reduce the appearance of blackheads, whiteheads and acne scars
- Revive Science Clay Face Mask – Our powerful combination of charcoal and three triple-action clays face mask works as an all over mask or acne spot treatment to help pull out impurities from your pores, leaving your skin clean and radiant.
- LAPCOS Charcoal Sheet Mask, Daily Face Mask with Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil to Detoxify and Tighten Skin – Our Charcoal face mask, features fine Charcoal powder, similarly works to purify and brighten. Like a magnet, the mask draws out impurities to the skin’s surface, helping to achieve a clear, flawless complexion.
- ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores – Nature’s complexion clean-up crew clears the way for skin to act its best
- Blackhead Mask Facial Mask – Cleaning out of dirt and cuticle effectively on face, help to remove stain or oil spots on your face, improving the blood circulation of your face by this mask.
- Celavi Essence Facial Face Mask Paper Sheet Korea Skin Care Moisturizing – Authentic Korean facial masks, when used regularly they can help diminish signs of dark spots, pigmentation, circles, and puffiness.
- Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask With bentonite clay for oily – New purifying clay mask; luxuriously creamy clay mask is designed to purify skin and deep clean pores, leaving skin feeling ultra Clean and refreshed
Can I Leave The Charcoal Mask On Overnight?
It is not advised to leave a charcoal mask on overnight. You do not need to leave it on that long to get the full charcoal mask benefits. Instead, concentrate on keeping the mask on for about 7-10 minutes.
Do Charcoal Masks Have Side Effects?
With some charcoal face scrubs and peel offs, you might experience some redness, irritation, or sensitivity. It really depends on how delicate your skin is at the end of the day.
The peel off masks will give you the most trouble when it comes to side effects. If you define yourself as someone who has sensitive skin, then make sure you do a test on a small patch on your arm before apply anything larger to your face.
In fact, with any new beauty product, it is always important to test patch a new product line.
What Else Does Activated Charcoal Help With?
While this post is primarily talking about acne and blemishes, you can also use activated charcoal for stomach bug issues, the general flu, food poisoning, act as a natural water filter, and tend to bug bites (if placed topically).
Thoughts On Charcoal Mask Benefits?
Have you tried any of these Charcoal face wash options? Do you think Charcoal for skin issues is a smart idea? Have you seen positive results? Would love to hear!