Big Hero 6!!!! My kids have been DYING to get this DVD and I mean it! Oh my goodness, when we opened up this package in the mail, everyone screamed – even Caleb. Although… I’m pretty sure he had no idea why he was screaming. 🙂
From Walt Disney Animation Studios (“Frozen,” “Wreck-It Ralph”), Disney’s “Big Hero 6” introduces you to a lovable robot who will change your world. Get in on the action and watch Baymax and Hiro Hamada show you what teamwork is all about.
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends— adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney’s “Big Hero 6,” featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters — it’s fun for the whole family!
I asked my kids to give me their honest opinions about Big Hero 6. Here’s their official responses:
- Natalie: I thought the movie was sad in the beginning but very happy by the end. I love Baymax so much! He is a hero.
- Liam: Big Hero 6 is very mysterious! Someone controlled all the little robots but they didn’t know who it was. The movie was an adventure to find out that answer. Baymax is very strong! I liked that Baymax could be anything that Hiro wanted.
- Caleb: BAAAAA!
What do you expect from Caleb?! He’s just 2! 🙂
With the Digital HD/3D/SD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), you get the following bonus features:
- FEAST Theatrical Short
- The Origin Story of “Big Hero 6”: Hiro’s Journey (hosted by Jamie Chung, voice of Go Go Tomago) – Join the team behind the team that brought Big Hero 6 to the bigscreen as they travel on research trips to Tokyo and San Francisco and go behind the scenes of this epic film. Explore everything comic-book about Big Hero 6, from director Don Hall’s passion for comics to the story’s roots in a lesser known Marvel property. We’ll talk to Marvel’s Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb, who were consultants on the film, to learn what makes a good comic-book story, and how these devices were used to help create Disney’s “Big Hero 6.”
- Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters – Join the six lead animators of Big Hero 6 as they talk about each of the characters and how they came to be theheroes they are now.
- Deleted Scenes (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) – Includes two alternate openings and more.
- Big Hero Secrets (Easter Egg) – The movie is filled with Easter Eggs, and this Buzzfeed-type list piece will give you a sampling of some of the hidden treasures in the film. See if you can find this Easter Egg about Easter Eggs! (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Gag Animations (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) – For fun, animators made alternate versions of scenes they were working on and threw them into the mix at review sessions. The directors will present some of these gags for the first time to the public in this piece. (DMA ONLY)
- Beatmax – Check out some of Baymax’s greatest lines auto-tuned like you’ve never heard before. (DMA ONLY)
Believe me — you HAVE TO WATCH FEAST!! I had the chance to attend the Big Hero 6 premiere in LA a few months ago. Click here to see all the coverage!
Let’s Get Social:
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) releases February 24th!! Enjoy!
* company sent sample for review