You all know I recently went to China. My children couldn’t even comprehend what was happening! I mean – CHINA! A world away if you really think about it. 17 hours on a plane and no English spoken anywhere. I was submerged in another reality and I soaked in every little bit of it.
When I came home, I tried to tell my kids about all the things I did while overseas, but they are still so young. That’s why when I found out about World Village Playsets, I knew I had to give the concept a shot.
Perfect for parents who want to help their kids understand a little bit about their busy lives OR for parents who just want to bring more culture into the home, World Village Playsets offer a perspective of China’s history, culture and day-to-day modern life through the eyes of two visiting American children.
So, when I wanted to talk about how I hopped on and off wooden boats to navigate through town, they were able to grab a boat and play with it firsthand.
- Unique heirloom-quality design
- High quality soft fabric playmat features beautiful illustrations
- 13 painted, chunky wood puzzle pieces encourage interactive play
- My China Travel Journal, a 32-page color story and activity book, features interesting, informative illustrations and is narrated by Emma and Joe, a brother and sister traveling through China
- 14 additional story cards include phrases and prompts designed to encourage reading comprehension
- Puzzle pieces feature a Chinese- English translation of each item
Deluxe Companion Pack Features:
- Includes a Boat, Canal House and Kite & Candy Shop
- Large stand-up pieces are designed to extend imaginative play
- Character figures can ride their boat up the canal, play behind the open doors and windows of the canal house or sell kites, candy and snacks through the window of a colorful storefront
So, if you are looking for your kids to expand their global knowledge and for an interactive toy that fosters creativity and inquisitiveness about different cultures – this is it!! Not only does World Village Playsets offer open-ended play (kids can follow along with the book, extend storylines with puzzle pieces or use their imaginations and create stories of their own) but it also exposes them to simple Mandarin!!
Perfect gift for those families who like to travel!
For more information, click here.
* company sent sample for review