This post is sponsored by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
If you’ve been following along online, you know that the Sweeney family has been SUPER excited about the Blu-ray release of JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (in stores NOW). Not only did I have the opportunity to interview Bryce Dallas Howard and ask her all types of questions about her time on set, but my husband also sat down with director J.A. Bayona. We’ve been revving up to this moment since the start, folks! My family was front and center on opening day as soon as Jurassic World stormed into theaters. To call us fans of the franchise would be an absolute understatement.
So, when we found out that it was time to host our very own family movie night, we jumped at the chance. It’s time, party people! Time to call JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM your own. That’s right – you can take home all the dinosaurs that your little heart desires because the Blu-Ray has officially released. Fans can access this movie on digital, Blu-Ray, HD, 4K, by pigeon, smoke signals, or anything other form you can think of. It’s all out in the market RIGHT NOW featuring more than an hour of bonus content.
And we have a copy! WOOT. Family movie night? Yes, please. But we don’t just movie night like the rest of the nation. Oh no. We step it up a notch. We pull a fast one over on the kids or dare I say… surprise them. Yes, we bring out the popcorn, but we also bring out a few extra surprises. If you want to host your very own JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM movie night here are a few suggestions.
5 Tips For The Perfect Dino-Sized Movie Night
(1) Have fun. I mean dorky fun: We opted for a blow-up dinosaur costume that only Caleb could fit into and it was EPIC. He had no idea it was coming and we didn’t say a word to Natalie or Liam about it and they L-O-V-E-D the idea. Oh my GOODNESS. Everyone was cracking up. Even as it was blowing up – it was all part of the fun. Literally the best time ever.
(2) Grab some gear: You can either look for t-shirts and hats that are already made or you can try to make your own using services online that allow for custom printing. I actually do this ALL THE TIME. Last time we all went on vacation, I was the mom that created 5 matching shirts for my family. WHAT? Come at me! I love doing cute things like this and movie night should be no different. Especially if it’s a title you absolutely adore.
(3) Own the titles you loves: We rent titles all the time. I’m not saying we don’t. BUT if you know it’s a movie that you are going to watch over and over and over again – like JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM – do yourself a favor and just buy the Blu-Ray. This one just hit the shelves. So, go online and grab it while it’s hot. Volcano magma hot! Oh, why did I say that? Now, I’m crying because of that scene… when you know who is left on you know what and then you hear that cry. UGH.
(4) Bring snacks: I want to be that person that stops eating after dinner and only gets hungry when the sun rises. I really do. But I’m just not! When my family is enjoying movie night, we like to pick on treats that we all LOVE. Make sure you have enough to go around. T-Rex might have small hands, but he has a big stomach.
(5) Pause when the talking gets out of control: This is the beauty of watching movies at home! I have children that love to give commentary about everything OH MY GOODNESS WHY WON’T THEY STOP TALKING. It’s so hard to watch a movie when you legitimately want to watch it when three kids are all reenacting every scene. Instead of getting into arguments over the silly things, just pause the movie, let them get it all out of their system and then move on. Sure, it will take you 6 hours to get through a film, but what else do you have to do on a Friday night?
I love my kids. I love that we have finally gotten to a point in our relationship where we can all watch the same movie and enjoy it together. Don’t get me wrong – I enjoyed the baby phase. I loved every millisecond that I had with my little angels during their first years as part of our family. But now that they are getting older, it’s just different. We can do things TOGETHER and it just feels so special. There are no sacrifices happening during movie night. We are all IN 100% and I love that! My 5-year-old, my 11-year-old and my 13 year old all loved JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM and you know what? SO DO I!!!! You cannot ask for anything more from a Friday night! Truly!
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Synopsis
Building on the wonder and adventure that has mesmerized audiences worldwide, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom continues one of the most thrilling series in movie history with an adventure 65 million years in the making, captivating audiences of all ages with a stunning new chapter filled and more dinosaurs than any other Jurassic film.
Now it’s your turn to see JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM. Take it home on Blu-Ray today.
Pin This For Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Contains affiliate links