Making a DIY Chalkboard is easy – especially with the help of Marth Stewart! Channel your own Inner Martha with this step by step DIY Chalkboard tutorial.
My daughter loves arts and craft projects. So, when I received a box from Martha Stewart with a DIY Chalkboard inside, I just knew Natalie would want to get involved.
Here’s everything you need to get started:
- Martha Stewart Crafts: Chalkboard Paint in Ink
- Martha Stewart Crafts: Basic Brush Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts: Chalkboard Stencils
- Martha Stewart Crafts Erasable Liquid Chalk
- Martha Stewart Crafts: Stencil Tape
To see a complete video of this project, be sure to visit the Martha Stewart website. Otherwise, take a look at my daughter in action below!!
DIY Chalkboard Directions:
- Paint the backing of the frame with Chalkboard Paint and let dry. Paint a second coat for even coverage.
- Once the Chalkboard Paint is dry, tape down the Chalkboard Stencils using Stencil Tape. My daughter wanted to use BOTH words that came on the stencil, but you can just choose one to make the chalkboard have a singular theme.
- Use Erasable Liquid Chalk to write out your ideas and create designs. The Erasable Liquid Chalk won’t smudge, but can be removed with a damp paper towel.
- Remove the stencil immediately as the paint is still wet.
- Once Liquid Chalk design is dry, insert the chalkboard piece into a frame and enjoy!
Think about it! There are so many different ways you can use this chalkboard.
- Daily Menu Announcements
- Words of Inspirations for your Family
- Task List
- Funny Quotes
- Important Reminders
- … and more
I just loved watching Natalie take complete control of this project! Super fun and easy to do.
Related Article: DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint
What else came in my box? Weight Watchers Salted Caramel Brownie Bliss® – the perfect decadent sweet treat for anyone that wants to be careful about portion control while still enjoying an indulgent dessert. Ready for some great news? If you purchase a box of Salted Caramel Brownie Bliss and don’t love them, Weight Watchers will let you return it and get your money back! It’s part of their “Tasting Is Believing Challenge” which runs until May 31, 2016.
If you want even more yummy food-related giveaway action, you should definitely check out the Grilled Cheese Recipe Showdown®, back again and sponsored by Wisconsin cheese!! Hello…I mean, grilled cheese, people. Show how you makeover the classic grilled cheese by entering your best grilled cheese recipe using Wisconsin cheese for a chance to win $15,000!!! Hurry, contest ends May 15. Enter at www.GrilledCheeseAcademy.com.
I was SO excited to see Maybelline’s SuperStay 24 hour 2-step Lipcolor up for grabs as well!! I am OBSESSED with the long-lasting stay power that this beauty product provides. I took this picture around 11PM and as you can see, my lips are still packing quite a colorful punch. When Maybelline says SuperStay… they mean it!
What was your favorite product from the “Make It Better With Martha” box? Would love to hear!!
*This is a sponsored post