Why does Barbie get all the coolest clothes?! It’s just not fair!! LOL
Wanted you to check out the new capsule collection of very limited-edition, privately-commissioned Barbie art, décor, apparel and accessories carefully curated from around the world. The first in a series of a collection that includes pieces from several designers called the PLASTIC Collection and will debut May 4th on www.barbiecollector.com/plastic.
In addition to releasing one-of-a-kind pieces from the Barbie Archives, Mattel has teamed up with top designers like Jonathan Adler, Philippe Starck for Kartell and Margaux Lange to show the world that life in plastic truly is fantastic. The designers have tapped into Barbie’s pop culture icon status and fashion heritage, offering true collectibles from around the world, including:
* French Designed “Objet D’Art” Barbie Foosball Table: $25,000
* Jonathan Adler “1959 Barbie Mirror” Hand-created for Barbie’s “Real” Malibu Dream House: $8,800
* Barbie Pop Art (First in a series): $750
* “Dream a Neon Dream” Ultra Hip Barbie Neon Sign (in bright pink: $2500
* Limited Edition Comme Des Garcons dolls: $350
* “Fancy Footwear” Barbie Shoes Ring by Margaux Lange: $235
Some of the items can also be found on Barbie’s Facebook page.