Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
How to make your very own DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub. I LOVE THIS! This recipe will make 2.5 cups of body scrub – so think gifts and holiday surprises when making this!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil (or other carrier oil)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Mason-style jars with lids
- Printable gift tags (print on white cardstock for best results)
- Optional: Ribbon to wrap around jars
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Mixing with clean hands helps to warm up the coconut oil and better blend into the other ingredients.
2. Scoop into mason jars and attach lids tightly. (Jars shown in photo are Ball Collection Elite Design Series Half Pint Jars)
3. Cut out printed labels for jars. Use double sided tape or a strong glue to place a label on top of each jar. You may also use a single hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the gift tag and wrap it on the jar using a thin ribbon.
To use the Gingerbread Sugar Scrub: Gently apply a scoopful and scrub onto wet skin in a circular motion –concentrating on dry areas and rough patches. Rinse skin clean using warm water.
Sugar Scrub should be stored at room temperature and stays fresh for up to 4 weeks. What a great way to incorporate shower aromatherapy into your self care routine.
Right click on the image above and save to your computer. Then print as many as you need! Enjoy!