This household scavenger hunt for kids is a great way to keep your children busy when they are looking for something to keep them occupied. With so many great activities for children to do at home, we knew we had to put this free printable on the top of our list.
The best thing about household scavenger hunt for kids is that they really don’t take a lot of planning to set up. Odds are you have most of these items already on hand.
Indoor Household Scavenger Hunt For Kids – Family Fun Activity
Are your kids stuck inside? Looking for a great rainy day activity for kids? Then include this scavenger hunt as part of your day.
How do you make an indoor scavenger hunt?
You can absolutely make your own hunt if you have specific ideas that you’d like to include. Perhaps you want to focus on the color PINK. Then start by getting your children looking for 10 pink items!
Or how about things that are soft? You could really do this in a number of different ways.
But I decided to focus on a variety of items for this indoor scavenger hunt because I thought it would things more interesting.
How do I keep my child entertained for hours?
A lot of parents want to know about the secret to keeping their children entertained for hours and you won’t find that with just one activity. This indoor scavenger hunt will take them maybe 20 minutes.
If you’d like to gear them up for an afternoon of fun, that will take some planning. I have several resources available to help you do that:
- 65 Hobbies For Kids That Are Fun, Creative, And Filled With Passion
- 55 Talent Show Ideas For Kids – Creative Acts That Are Fun To Watch
- How To Draw A Giraffe – Step By Step Tutorial For Kids
- How To Draw Disney’s Villains – Top 10 Characters
- 12 Easy Card Games For Your Next Family Game Night
- Nature Drawing For Kids – 10 Easy Tutorials To Get Them Started
- How To Make A Minecraft Server For Friends For Free
- Take Your Kids To The Virtual Zoo With These YouTube Animal Livestreams
- and more… just visit my LIVING section and scroll through
How long should a scavenger hunt last?
As I mentioned above, a household scavenger hunt will probably take about 20 minutes. If you have a basement and an upstairs, your child will have to count all of those steps. But if you live in a ranch (like me), then it will be less time! LOL!
You could always add a few extra things for your littles to search for on the back of the printout.
Download Your Copy Here
Download a copy of your household scavenger hunt by clicking here. I hope your children enjoy this activity as much as I did making it!
Household Scavenger Hunt Tips
I just want to make a few household scavenger hunt suggestions before I set you on your way.
- This is a full-blown color print. I always try to preserve my color ink and I have three kids. This will take up a lot of your ink. Just make sure you set to black and white before you start printing off my page.
- You don’t necessarily have to set anything up with a house scavenger hunt. Odds are you have most of these things lying around. I intentionally chose items that I felt were staples in every home. But if you’d like, give this list a quick once over to be sure.
- If you don’t want your children coming to you with a basket of your hallway picture frames and old radios from the basement, ask them to take pictures of everything using your phone. Then you can swipe through their digital answers. You will thank me for this one. I promise you.
- You will have to know the answers to how many windows and steps you have. I want to officially apologize for that. So, yeah. A home scavenger hunt needs to be verified. What can I say?
Looking For Other Scavenger Hunt Ideas?
Scavenger hunts are great! These list of items are easy to find and will put a huge smile on the faces of your littles. If you are looking for more fun, check out some of the other options below: