- Don’t be the centerpiece – be the catalyst.
- Ask yourself why – OFTEN
- Why should I be doing this???
- Service: This is your full time job
- “Sales is delicious if you do it right”
- Read the book, “Reality is Broken”
- Ask yourself – “Then what? Then what?”
- Stop coasting – it’s not always fun if you are winning games that are too easy. Test yourself
- Attention as a currency — if you don’t have time , then you don’t have what you need to build your brand
- How to you get attention? You give it to get it. Leave comments at the bottom of other blogs
- Raise other people up — help others that are smaller than you and it will come full circle
- Start finding others that are doing interesting things and HELP THEM
- Be a connector – be the “go to guy” – the one that shares and brings people together: you will be the elbow at every deal
- Everything is content
- Start with you. Make you whole first. take care of yourself. THEN take care of the others. Which will in turn become a community.
- Look at your website as a home base. Using social media to drive traffic back
- Distribution is golden – one you have distribution down you can get so much more gold out of the world.
- You want more distribution – have to change how you monetize. It’s hard to get all the conversations managed.
- Be sure to have the Facebook Like on your posts – opportunity to have other people connect to your information
- Get everyone using distribution channels
- tubemogul.com — tool to help distribute video content around web
- Editing is good manners when it comes to video!!
- Kodak Z18 – has an external mic if you want to start video blogging
- Ignore comments on YouTube – they are harsh and not worth the effort
- Where is the next new Twitter? NOT FourSquare.
- CRAP: Connections / Referrals / Attention (or awareness) / Presence (be places – be online- have content available)
- Always Be Connecting: THE ABCs
- How much should you blog? How much attention do you want??
- MONEY TALK: We spend too little time thinking about money. Don’t think high level. SET A GOAL. I want to earn X amount MORE this year. Then break it down and figure out how.
- WP Touch – Mobile Translation for WordPress
- How to manage time: stop keeping a million windows open. Work on what you need to work on – and leave everything else alone.
- Branding only works on cattle — stop trying so hard to define yourself and just do YOU
- Good enough is good enough: RE content
Chris Brogan is a speaker at this year’s Disney Social Media conference and I sat through his speech taking notes. Here they are:
Check out Vera Sweeney's media kit here.
Subscribe to Lady and the Blog
Looking for weekly updates? Want to receive every recipe, free printable, and contest notification? I would love to have you part of my newsletter community.
Signup for news and special offers!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.