The Gap is giving away a pair of jeans to one of my readers to celebrate the launch of their ‘Gap Casting Call‘. I am so THRILLED to be part of this.
I thought since I would be promoting this giveaway… I’d might as well enter Liam into the contest and offer up some tips on how to photograph children.
- They get tired pretty quickly so be sure to keep your sessions short in order to ensure the greatest shots.
- Make sure you clean up your background. The last thing you need is a random box in the perfect shot.
- Get close – real close! Babies are so beautiful. Their faces are precious and the closer you get the better the shot. Try to avoid your zoom. The quality of your photo will decrease if you don’t have a great camera.
- Rely on natural light. Nothing works better than shooting on a beautiful day outdoors.
- Stay away from crazy patterns. You want to make sure the focus of the shot is your child. Steer clear of loud wallpaper, toys, clothing – etc. Notice that most professional shots work with a white background or something equally muted.
- Have fun! If you’re not having fun your child most certainly won’t get a kick out of it.
Here’s my video!! Watch until the end to see what shot I chose to use for the Gap Casting Call. Remember – you only need one good photo.
Now it’s your turn to enter!! If your child meets the following criteria – HAVE AT IT!
- Age Range for Gap Casting call: Baby Girls/Boys (ages 0 to 4) / Girls/Boys (ages 5 to 10)
Do you want a free pair of Gap jeans? Be sure to enter by doing one or all of the following:
- Click here to leave your email address on my contest entry form.
- Tweet this message: Hope I win the GAP Casting Call giveaway from https://ladyandtheblog.com @verasweeney. RT to Enter #contest #giveaway
- Become a fan of LAB’s Facebook Page.Then leave a comment on the wall saying why you love the GAP Casting Call.
This post was part of a BabyCenter campaign. All opinions are my own.
** Us and Canada residents only