Dove just sent over this recipe and my mouth is watering! Had to share!!
Makes one 9-inch torte, approximately 12 servings.
- 1/3 cup plus another ½ cup DCD Chocolate Baking Bits, included in DCD Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box DCD Chocolate Baking Mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- DCD Dessert Sauces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate.
2. In a small bowl, heat 1/3 cup baking chips until melted and smooth. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, heat condensed milk and ½ cup chocolate baking bits at 20-second intervals until completely melted and smooth, stirring between intervals. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat baking mix and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, or until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup of this crumbled mixture.
5. Add applesauce, egg and the 1/3 cup melted baking bits to the large bowl of baking mix/butter mixture. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. The batter will be thick and grainy. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
6. Drop teaspoonfuls of the condensed-milk-and-chocolate mixture over the batter, dropping more around the edge than in the center. Stir pecans into the reserved crumbled mixture, and sprinkle over all. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool completely. Cut into 12 slices and top with whipped cream and your favorite DCD Dessert Sauce.