‘Tis the season to moisturize! With a New Year right around the corner, it’s never too late to take charge of your skin with Eucerin!
As you reflect on the past year and look forward to the next, commit to putting the health of your skin first. It’s so important and it just makes you feel that much better when your skin is looking and feeling great. Skin stress that appears during the holidays can be the result of a lack of moisture, especially if you live in a colder climate like I do on Long Island.
Here are 12 days of skin tips to give your skin the beautiful and healthy-looking holiday glow you and I know it deserves:
1) Cold, dry, winter weather can be tough on your hands, wear gloves to help keep them protected against harsh winter elements.
2) Keep your showers short and sweet and use lukewarm water. Bathing for long periods in hot water can cause skin to lose natural oils and nutrients. I know that I take TOO HOT of a shower.
3) Winter can wreak havoc on your skin because there is less moisture in the air, low humidity. Give your skin a boost and run a humidifier at night to help add moisture. This is so key…the heat in the house really does dry you out big time.
4) Relieve dryness associated with frequent hand washing by washing with lukewarm water, using a gentle soap, and applying moisturizer right after drying your hands. There are so many great soaps these days that do wonders with moisturizer!
5) 3 steps to revive dry feet. 1) Remove dry, flaky skin with a pumice stone. 2) Apply a rich moisturizer, like Eucerin’s Aquaphor Healing Ointment before bed. 3) Throw on a pair of socks to lock in the moisture and go to sleep! Socks or tights are so key!
6) Try Eucerin Calming Crème (with oatmeal) to help dry, itchy skin this season.
7) Chemicals and allergens in certain makeups, perfumes, soaps, and detergents can cause skin irritation. Avoid products that you know have irritated your skin and use gentle cleansers!
8) Snow reflects sunlight, making it important to wear an SPF product like Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30 all year round for protection from UVA and UVB rays.
9) Coarse fabrics can cause itchiness if you have sensitive skin. Go for something silky! Maybe a little cashmere for the cold??
10) Getting a full six to eight hours of sleep is important for your overall well-being and helps your skin look its best. Get to bed early to get plenty of shut-eye
11) Tame chapped lips. For lip hydration, try applying a few drops of olive oil and honey or pick up Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect SPF 30. Aquaphor is awesome, it really works so well.
12) Wind can act like sandpaper when constantly hitting exposed skin. Protect skin with a rich moisturizer and bundle up with hats and scarves.
To help combat these issues, maybe you should try out Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion (16.9 fl. oz.)! It’s a unique, fast absorbing lotion that combines Ceramide-3, skin’s own moisturizers, and Gluco-Glycerol to improve the condition of skin and help fight dryness at the source. It’s:
o Dermatologist recommended
o Provides intense moisture for skin that looks and feels immediately hydrated
o Strengthens the skin’s barrier to lock in moisture
o Improves moisture reserves to help prevent dryness from recurring for healthy looking skin
o Fast absorbing, non-greasy
o The product is highly effective and has been granted the Good Housekeeping Seal. If it doesn’t work as claimed Good Housekeeping will replace or refund the purchase price.