I have three turkeys… no really. And all of them like to help out in the kitchen when we are preparing for Thanksgiving and beyond. Yes, beyond. You see… we celebrate Thanksgiving TWICE in my house. Not only do we make a side dish for my cousin’s house to eat on the actual holiday, but we also have a mini Thanksgiving just for US on Black Friday. Why you ask? Because we love left overs!!
With all that cooking comes a lot of cleaning. You know it and I know it. Bill and I love to tag team. Well, he doesn’t really lllooooovvveeee to tag team with cleaning. Maybe love is a strong word. He does it anyway as my partner – how about that? 🙂
I think the most important thing about the cleanup and ensuing Turkeypocalypse is just getting it done as quickly and easily as possible. Mountains of dishes, food remnants and spills, loafing guests seated and standing everywhere you turn! It could be overwhelming and it would terrible if you missed, say the football game!
P&G and the NFL want you to know that there is nothing to fear about the Turkeypocalypse! Check out this great video showcasing some of the hottest players on the field offering up tips to families showing them how to take care of the house efficiently so they can all get back to what’s important — the GAME! 🙂 I mean… what’s Thanksgiving and Family without some Football???
Corn Casserole (this one is out of this world)
Now, imagine the amount of dishes that come with all of this great food? I KNOW! It’s a lot. But we don’t stress about it. In fact, on Black Friday, put up all of our Christmas decorations as well. So, our house gets a complete makeover as we celebrate our second Thanksgiving and we love it. A lot of eating, decorating and cleaning – but well worth it!
So, what do we use to get through it all?
- The Swiffer WetJet – an all-in-one mopping system that powers through tough dirt and grime with EASE.
- Dawn Ultra – 2X more everyday grease cleaning power per drop. If I use less then that means I spend less at the store (and there is ALWYAS a coupon BTW).
- Cascade Platinum – will clean your toughest Thanksgiving messes. I don’t know how I survived before my dishwasher.
- Febreze Pumpkin Bliss – Febreze Air Effects instantly takes care of the odors in your air. There’s something you need to know about me. I can’t smell food after I’ve eaten. It’s the strangest thing and I don’t know why it affects me so, but I need to remove all odors immediately after dinner. Every night, I open a window, light a candle or spray Febreze around the house. I need a fresh scent to move on from the meal! Some people cleanse their palette. I cleanse my nose. LOL!
- Bounty – the LIFE SAVER of the entire day. Bounty is two times more absorbent, so the roll can last longer. I don’t go a DAY without having Bounty on my counter, but on a holiday, it is a MUST own. Overflows and spills are bound to happen while you are cooking and serving and I really don’t like to use a kitchen towel because I think they are unsanitary. I LOVE MY BOUNTY!
Looking For Some Coupons?
Click here to access a handful of P&G coupons! Print them while you can! You don’t want to miss out on these savings. I am a coupon fanatic. You know that. I know that.
*Lady and the Blog LLC partners with CafeMom and P & G for this sponsored post.