When I heard that Disney was making Beauty and the Beast into a live-action movie, I was nervous. Not going to lie. There are certain things you do NOT mess with – perfection being one of them.
But then I heard that Emma Watson and Dan Stevens signed on for the main roles of Belle and the Beast and all my worries melted away.
I had the opportunity to screen Beauty and the Beast and it was simply stunning. Visually appealing. Breathtaking if you will.
You’re taken on a magical adventure – one that leads you through fantasy and hope, faith and love and then ultimately right back into your heart once again.
Beauty and the Beast was everything the original animated classic was … and more (DARE I SAY IT). Our children will probably ONLY know this version (which sort of makes me sad if I am being honest with you), so Disney knew they had to hit their marks and then some.
All your favorite songs are in the movie… and there are a few more added as well. The Beast is frightening at first, but then you see why he is the way he is and you soften as he softens.
And Belle… don’t get me started on Belle. We all know that Emma Watson can knock any role out the park. She took us on the exact journey she wanted – a feminist version of Belle if you will.
One that defied her town’s low expectations of a woman and challenged them instead. Teaching little girls to read, creating inventions to help speed up her work so that she could spend more time educating herself during the hours in her day, saying no to a sure thing – THE MAN OF THE TOWN that everyone wants to marry because she realized he wouldn’t push her forward intellectually or spiritually. He just wasn’t the one… and having one simply wasn’t enough of a reason.
A role model for our little ones. A role model for our older ones. I cannot wait to show this story to my daughter.
After all, it is Belle that saves the Beast. A far cry from the stories I grew up hearing. And don’t get me wrong. Every story has its place. I’m not someone who is SO against “Happily Ever After” because “my prince has come.”
But in life, we need balance because balance provides peace. We need stories from both sides because in real life both partners do a little saving.
I have been saved and I’d like to think there have been a few times when I have saved my husband. Art imitates life imitates art. Little girls need to know they can do the saving and who better than to tell them than a Disney Princess.
Although Belle isn’t quite a Disney Princess, is she?
She’s just a girl from a small provincial town in France. She’s just your average girl who… happened to fall in love with a PRINCE. But there is no wedding in the animated original and so there is no wedding in the live action version either.
Although, they did get a little tricky with a white dress and all. I believe the last scene was supposed to be left up to interpretation to the general public! After interviewing the cast, I can tell you that it is NOT a wedding. It just resembles one… 🙂
Beauty and the Beast Interview: The Second Love Story that will Steal Your Heart
Beauty and the Beast Interview: Josh Gad and Luke Evans
Beauty and the Beast Interview: Emma Watson and Dan Stevens
If you are looking for information about all the available toys and accessories that have released to support the Beauty and the Beast launch, here is a great rundown of my favorites:
- Twinings Tea: Flavors: Camomile, Honey & Vanilla / Lemon & Ginger / Pure Peppermint / Orange & Cinnamon Spice
- Kohl’s Beauty and the Beast Collection: I picked up the Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Juniors’ Moto Jacket for Natalie.
- Morgan Taylor Nail Lacquer: So many great colors to choose from!
- Journal: Belle’s passion for books is fully dramatized in this hardbound Journal with golden bindings, latches, and edging, a tassled cord bookmark, and illustrated, lined pages on which travels in both real and imaginary worlds can be authored.
- Glass Compact Mirror: See the beauty within reflected from this elegant glass compact mirror in golden filigree brushed metal case adorned by faceted gems. Inspired by Disney’s live action film Beauty and the Beast.
- Enchanted Rose Jewelry Box: The Enchanted Rose Jewelry Box gives little ones an extra-special place to store their treasures. Experience the beauty and enchantment over and over again as the Enchanted Rose opens, closes and lights up as the iconic song, “Beauty and the Beast” is played. A collectible gold “feather” ring is also included for you.
- Enchanting Melodies Belle Doll: Enjoy the enchanting moments with the Disney Beauty and the Beast Enchanting Melodies Belle Doll. Dressed in her movie-inspired iconic gold ball gown, the Belle doll sings the “Something There” song from Disney’s live-action movie Beauty and the Beast. With one press of Belle’s stomach, she will sing of her budding love for the Beast in this classic song. Kids will love playing out moments from the movie or imagining their own fairytales with this doll.
- Reusable Tote Bag: Be our guest and relive the beloved fairytale with this reusable tote. Made from 80% recycled materials, it features images from Disney’s live-action retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
- “Belle’s Library” book: Contains quotes from Belle’s favorite books, as well as her thoughts and musings. Shows you exactly what’s on Belle’s reading list! Includes drawings and a forward by Disney screenwriter.
- “Beauty and the Beast” storybook: The classic fairytale Beauty and the Beast, as retold by Cynthia Rylant.
- Funko POP Celebration Belle: From Beauty & The Beast, Celebration Belle, as a stylized POP vinyl from Funko!
- Funko POP The Beast: From Beauty & The Beast, Beast, as a stylized POP vinyl from Funko!
- Funko POP Mrs. Potts & Chip: From Beauty & The Beast, Mrs. Potts & Chip, as a stylized POP vinyl from Funko!
If you are looking for printables, I have a few great options for you!! Click here for Mrs. Potts and Chip.
Any Gaston fans? Click here to download these studs!
You can also download the Beast.
Here’s your free coloring page of Belle. So fun!
And last but not least – we have Beauty and the Beast.
Like BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBeautyAndTheBeast
Follow BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Twitter: https://twitter.com/beourguest
Follow BEAUTY AND THE BEAST on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beautyandthebeast/
Visit the official BEAUTY AND THE BEAST website here: http://movies.disney.com/beauty-and-the-beast-2017
- The Le Creuset Beauty And The Beast Soup Pot From Williams Sonoma
- The Second Love Story That Will Steal Your Heart: Beauty And The Beast #BeOurGuestEvent
- 30 Day Disney Challenge Printable
- Summer Reading Ideas With Beauty And The Beast
- Emma Watson And Dan Stevens From Beauty And The Beast: Exclusive Interview #BeOurGuestEvent
- Free Beauty And The Beast Coloring Sheets