Do you enjoy having sleepovers with your friends but are tired of the same old routine? If so, you will love these adult slumber party ideas! From spa nights to craft sessions, these fun activities are perfect for a grown-up staycation.
What can adults do at sleepovers?
- Spa Night – This is one of the classic slumber party activities that never gets old! Invite some friends over and spend the evening giving each other facials, manicures, pedicures, and massages. You can even have someone come in to do hair and makeup!
- Chill Out With Yoga or Meditation – Another great idea for an adult slumber party is to spend some time relaxing with yoga or meditation. If you have a large group of friends, you can even break into smaller groups for this activity.
- Have a Craft Night – Are you and your friends the creative types? Then consider having a craft night as one of your slumber party activities! You can make everything from jewelry to home decor projects, or even just work on individual art pieces for fun!
- Movie Marathon – What’s better than snuggling up on the couch with all of your best friends and watching movies? Whether you rent some classic films or stream something new from Netflix, movie marathons are always a blast at slumber parties!
- Sleep Under the Stars in Your Backyard – If you have a backyard, take advantage of it by sleeping under the stars! Set up some sleeping bags and pillows and spend the night chatting, stargazing, and enjoying each other’s company.
- Breakfast in Bed – Start the day off right with a delicious breakfast in bed! Whether you make it yourself or order from a local restaurant, this is sure to be a hit with all of your friends.
- Scavenger Hunt – Keep everyone entertained throughout the night with a fun scavenger hunt! You can hide items around your house or even create a list of tasks for your guests to complete before they can go to sleep. Be sure to check out my Indoor Household Scavenger Hunt to get you started.
- Karaoke Night – Let loose and have some fun with karaoke! Whether you take turns singing solo or form a group to perform, this is sure to be a hit with everyone at the party.
- Game Night – From classics like Monopoly and Clue to newer games like Cards Against Humanity and What Do You Meme?, there’s sure to be a game for everyone at your slumber party.
- Breakfast Potluck – End the night on a sweet note with a breakfast potluck! Ask each guest to bring their favorite breakfast food to share, then enjoy feasting on a variety of delicious dishes before heading off to bed.
How do you host an adult slumber party?
Here are a few tips to help you host the perfect adult slumber party:
- Choose a Theme – One of the first things you need to do when planning an adult slumber party is choose a theme. This can be anything from a pajama party to a beach bash to a ’70s disco! Once you have a theme in mind, you can start planning the rest of the party.
- Send Out Invitations – The next step is to send out invitations to all of your friends! Be sure to include all of the important details, such as the date, time, location, and what activities will be taking place. You can either hand-deliver the invitations or send them electronically.
- Plan the Activities – As mentioned above, one of the most important aspects of an adult slumber party is the activities! Whether you want to have a spa night, watch movies, or play games, be sure to plan ahead so that everything runs smoothly on the big night.
- Set Up a Sleeping Area – If you’re planning on having your guests sleep over, be sure to set up a comfortable sleeping area for them. This can be anything from air mattresses in the living room to sleeping bags in the backyard. Just make sure everyone will be comfortable!
- Prepare Some Food and Drinks – No slumber party is complete without food and drinks! Whether you’re serving breakfast in bed or munchies throughout the night, be sure to have plenty of supplies on hand so that your guests don’t go hungry.
- Have a Good Time – Above all else, the most important thing about hosting an adult slumber party is having fun! So make sure you and your friends relax, laugh, and enjoy spending time together. Whether you’re telling stories or doing karaoke into the wee hours of the morning, remember to just let loose and have a good time.
What should adults bring to a sleepover?
Adults should bring their own pillow, sleeping bag, and any other items they need to be comfortable overnight. Additionally, it’s always a good idea to bring along some snacks and drinks, as well as any games or movies you might want to watch. Finally, don’t forget your toothbrush and pajamas!
Do adults still have sleepovers?
There’s no need to grow up and stop having sleepovers just because you’re an adult! In fact, adult sleepovers can be even more fun than childhood ones, since you can stay up later, drink alcohol, and play all kinds of grown-up games. So go ahead and invite your friends over for a night of fun.
Adult Board Game Ideas
If you don’t know where to start, here are a few adult board games to consider purchasing for the big night in:
11. Ticket to Ride
Adult DIY Project Ideas
It’s fun to get your hands dirty and make something yourself! Here are a few adult DIY project ideas to consider setting up for your fun night in:
- Build A Birdhouse
- Plant A Garden
- Make Your Own Soap
- Knit A Blanket Or Scarf
- Paint A Picture
- Build A Piece Of Furniture
- Make Homemade Pottery
- Brew Beer or Wine
- Create A Scrapbook or Photo Album
- Make Your Own Soap
- Knit or Crochet a Blanket
- Sew a Pillowcase
- Paint a Picture
- Make Homemade Candles
- Bake Cookies or Bread
- Decorate Cupcakes or Cake Pops
Props To Include During Your Adult Sleep Over Party
If you are looking for ways to step up your adult slumber party, consider a photo booth with props! This is a great way for guests to take silly photos together and have a keepsake from the party. Be sure to include props that match your party’s theme, such as oversize glasses, wigs, hats, and costume accessories.
You can also set up a few photo booth “stations” with different backdrops or scenery. For example, you might have a beach scene with sand and waves, or a cityscape with skyscrapers. Whatever you choose, be sure to have plenty of fun props on hand so that your guests can let their imaginations run wild!
You could also have a hot chocolate bar station set up with all the fixings like whipped cream, marshmallows, caramel, and chocolate chips. Set out mugs and let your guests customize their hot chocolate however they like it! This is a great way to make sure everyone stays warm throughout the night.
What are some good snacks for an adult sleepover party?
There are lots of great snack options for an adult sleepover party! If you’re looking for something sweet, you could try making s’mores in the microwave, baking cookies, or setting out a fruit and cheese platter.
For savory snacks, you could try making mini pizzas, quesadillas, or sliders. And of course, don’t forget the popcorn! You could even set up a popcorn bar, with different toppings like butter, salt, cinnamon sugar, or chocolate chips.
Other great snack options for an adult sleepover party include nuts and trail mix, mac and cheese bites, ice cream sundaes, or nachos and guacamole.
Finally, don’t forget to have lots of drinks on hand – from soda and juice to wine and cocktails! Whatever you choose to serve at your party, be sure to have plenty of yummy snacks that everyone will enjoy.
Classic Horror Movies To Watch With Friends
Let’s be honest, everyone needs a good scare every now and then! Why not consider having a scary movie marathon at your next adult sleepover party?
Some classic horror movies to consider include “The Exorcist”, “Halloween”, “A Nightmare on Elm Street”, and “The Shining”. Each of these films has become a horror movie classic for a reason, so be sure to check them out if you want to get your friends in the mood for a scare. By the way, these are my top thriller movies – my TOP TEN. I would love for you to check them out.
Just remember to keep the lights on while you watch, and maybe even have some drinks or snacks ready just in case things get too intense!
1. Friday the 13th
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
4. The Omen
5. The Exorcist
6. Rosemary’s Baby
9. Child’s Play
As you can see, there are lots of great ideas for adult sleepovers! Whether you’re looking for snacks, games, movies, or DIY projects, there’s sure to be something that everyone will enjoy. So go ahead and invite your friends over for a night of fun – just don’t forget to bring along some snacks and drinks!