These tips for new moms are specifically geared towards the stressed mom who feels completely overwhelmed. Do you feel like you are all alone? Trust me – every woman has been in your shoes and it’s such a heavy load to carry.
You might feel like the entire world is on your shoulders and it is all too much to bare. We – and I did say we – put too much on ourselves on a regular basis. When you need some support, please consider reading these 40 little reminders that you are doing better than you think.
To the woman who is crying in secret, know that I have been you. I see you. I empathize with your current state. Last year wasn’t so kind to me. I can say that now because I feel like I am in better control of my mental state.
But while I was drowning with my restless mind, I was walking around in the dark and lashing out at anyone who got in my way. I understand that emotion – that fear – that frustration – that exhaustion. I was a stressed mom and my shoulder muscles still hurt from the anxiety.
So, I woke up today thinking about friends who still might be searching for some light and how I might be able to do my part to ease their pain.
A stressed out mom usually doesn’t ask for any help. She usually just internalizes and retracts from society. She pulls back in a major way. Her social life suffers because she can only handle SO MUCH. Be aware of these stress symptoms and signs. Listen to your body and listen to these tips for new moms.
Related: Daily Self Care Checklist
If you suddenly start to feel stressed out – or literally cannot STOP feeling stressed out – PAUSE. Pause from it all. Take a break from everything that is happening – even if it’s five minutes and give all that time to yourself. I will tell you that a stressed out mom does not do that nearly enough.
After you’ve paused and took a deep breath, read these tips for new moms and hopefully, listen to your gut.
40 Tips For New Moms
The new mom deserves a hug in REAL LIFE, but I’m not sitting beside you. This is the best I can do. A virtual hug from the other side of the screen – this world isn’t kind. It’s getting worse and worse. They ask too much of it. It is all just too heavy to carry, isn’t it? I understand.
I wrote these words because I need to hear them too. I wrote them for you but I wrote them for me too. I am forgiven. I am doing the best I can. I am enough. I am crying as I type this because it’s hard.
Related: I Need To Love Myself More
Being a mom is the hardest job on the planet and when you are a stressed mom it is absolutely suffocating at times. That’s why these tips for new moms are critical.
We need to release the chains we put on ourselves. Please read this list and believe my words. Feel them in your heart. If you are still feeling stressed after reading the tips for new moms list, then read it again. Bookmark this page. Pin it. Print it! I don’t care what you do. Just remember – you are enough.
- Your children know that you love them
- You are forgiven.
- You are doing the best that you can.
- Tomorrow is a new day.
- We carry too much of the load.
- Tomorrow is a great day to start over.
- Self-care is not a selfish thing.
- Self-care doesn’t look like a manicure. Self-care means taking care of your mind, body, and soul. Practice self-care.
- Everyone makes mistakes.
- Other moms are in the same exact boat as you.
- You are doing better than you think.
- Moms do it all. And that’s a big role to fill.
- You are too hard on yourself.
- Life is hard.
- Your children need you. Even if they are always fighting you.
- You have to understand that motherhood isn’t easy.
- We expect too much of ourselves.
- You are not failing.
- You are not failing.
- You are not failing.
- We have to give ourselves a break.
- Sometimes it’s ok to phone it in.
- We need to step back and just give other people a chance to step in from time to time.
- Nobody can do what you do. We understand that.
- You need your friends. Don’t abandon them.
- This too shall pass.
- You are a great mom.
- Pasta with butter is still dinner. Come at me.
- You are doing wonderful things for your family.
- You are amazing.
- Children try their best. Even when it doesn’t always seem it.
- A messy house does not represent who you are as a person. It is just a messy house.
- You are a goddess.
- You need your rest. Don’t neglect yourself.
- Learn how to breathe.
- Learn how to rest.
- Learn how to forgive.
- Learn how to see the joys you were given.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. That doesn’t mean that you are failing.
- You aren’t struggling. You are just mothering. Everyone is living this same life. We are all a struggling mom.
What is the best advice for a new mom?
I think the best advice we can give to any mom is to listen to their bodies. If they feel utterly exhausted, then they should rest. If they feel completely overwhelmed, then they should ask for help. If they don’t have a support system, then they should let go of perfection and just do the best that they can. That last point is very important.
During this phase in your life – do what you can. Be forgiving. Be understanding. Be hopeful. Recognize tomorrow is always a new day. And guess what? Your children are going to love you until the end of time. So, lean into that!
What do you say to a new mom?
Are you someone who has a new mom in their lives and don’t really know what to say to them? Are you watching them crumble day to day? Offer them compliments and encouragement! Tell them what a fantastic job they are doing.
These tips for new moms are great to read as a third party watcher because it will give you an idea of what they need to hear as well. New mothers need support – from every angle.
What do you think about my new mom encouragement post? Do you have anything that you’d like to add to this tips for new moms list? I would love to hear what you have to say!
- 50 Things I Love About Being A Mom
- 10 Self Care Tips For Mom To Help Bring Back Your Sanity
- How Squishy’s Mom From Monsters University Taught Me To Love Myself Again
- Family Contract Free Printable: Fill In The Blank Contract For Kids
- A Special Note For Moms Who Are Afraid Of The Teen Years
- 50 Simple Pleasures in Life To Brighten Your Day