As a stressed mom, you might feel like you are alone. You might feel like the entire world is on your shoulders and it is all too much to bare. We – and I did say we – put too much on ourselves on a regular basis. When it all becomes too much to handle, here’s 40 little reminders that you are doing better than you think.
To the woman who is crying in secret, know that I have been you. I see you. I empathize with your current state. Last year wasn’t so kind to me. I can say that now because I feel like I am in better control of my mental state.
But while I was drowning, I was walking around in the dark and lashing out at anyone who got in my way. I understand that emotion – that fear – that frustration – that exhaustion. I was a stressed mom and my shoulder muscles still hurt from the anxiety.
So, I woke up today thinking about friends who still might be searching for some light and how I might be able to do my part to ease their pain.
A stressed out mom usually doesn’t ask for any help. She usually just internalizes and retracts from society. She pulls back in a major way. Her social life suffers because she can only handle SO MUCH. Be aware of these stress symptoms and signs. Listen to your body.
If you suddenly start to feel stressed out – or literally cannot STOP feeling stressed out – PAUSE. Pause from it all. Take a break from everything that is happening – even if it’s five minutes and give all that time to yourself. I will tell you that a stressed out mom does not do that nearly enough.
So, to my stressed mom friends, I have a little message for you – a quick (not so quick) list of things I would like you to read if you have some time. A way for me to tell you that a) you are not alone and b) more people than you think are feeling the same exact way that you do.
40 Things You Need To Hear If You Are A Stressed Mom
Stressed moms deserve a hug in REAL LIFE, but I’m not sitting beside you. This is the best I can do. A virtual hug from the other side of the screen – this world isn’t kind. It’s getting worse and worse. They ask too much of it. It is all just too heavy to carry, isn’t it? I understand.
I wrote these words because I need to hear them too. I wrote them for you but I wrote them for me too. I am forgiven. I am doing the best I can. I am enough. I am crying as I type this because it’s hard. Being a mom is the hardest job on the planet and when you are a stressed mom it is absolutely suffocating at times.
We need to release the chains we put on ourselves. Please read this list and believe my words. Feel them in your heart. If you are still feeling stressed after reading the list, then read it again. Bookmark this page. Pin it. Print it! I don’t care what you do. Just remember – you are enough. Stressed mom or not – you are enough.
Words Of Comfort For A Stressed Mom
- Your children know that you love them
- You are forgiven.
- You are doing the best that you can.
- Tomorrow is a new day.
- We carry too much of the load.
- Tomorrow is a great day to start over.
- Self-care is not a selfish thing.
- Self-care doesn’t look like a manicure. Self-care means taking care of your mind, body, and soul. Practice self-care.
- Everyone makes mistakes.
- Other moms are in the same exact boat as you.
- You are doing better than you think.
- Moms do it all. And that’s a big role to fill.
- You are too hard on yourself.
- Life is hard.
- Your children need you. Even if they are always fighting you.
- You have to understand that motherhood isn’t easy.
- We expect too much of ourselves.
- You are not failing.
- You are not failing.
- You are not failing.
- We have to give ourselves a break.
- Sometimes it’s ok to phone it in.
- We need to step back and just give other people a chance to step in from time to time.
- Nobody can do what you do. We understand that.
- You need your friends. Don’t abandon them.
- This too shall pass.
- You are a great mom.
- Pasta with butter is still dinner. Come at me.
- You are doing wonderful things for your family.
- You are amazing.
- Children try their best. Even when it doesn’t always seem it.
- A messy house does not represent who you are as a person. It is just a messy house.
- You are a goddess.
- You need your rest. Don’t neglect yourself.
- Learn how to breathe.
- Learn how to rest.
- Learn how to forgive.
- Learn how to see the joys you were given.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. That doesn’t mean that you are failing.
- You aren’t struggling. You are just mothering. Everyone is living this same life. We are all a struggling mom.
What do you think about my mom encouragement post? Do you have anything that you’d like to add for the stressed mom? I would love to hear what you have to say! Keeping in mind with this attitude, here are a few more posts that I think you will like to read.
- Things To Be Thankful For – Thanksgiving Activity Sheet
- 13 Wishes For My Daughter On Her 13th Birthday
- New Year, New You! How I Plan To Make The Best Out Of 2019
- Family Contract Free Printable: Fill In The Blank Contract For Kids
- A Special Note For Moms Who Are Afraid Of The Teen Years
- Watching My Baby Soar – How My Third Child Makes Time Stand Still