Instant Pot recipe fans, I have one for you and it is OH SO GOOD! If you are on Facebook at all, I am sure you have a few of these on your feed. I mean, I see at least… 6,000 Instant Pot recipe ideas fly by on any given Sunday. I had to participate. I just had to! Here’s my take. It involves guacamole and beef, beans and rice, lime and fresh herbs. Am I speaking to you yet? I hope so. I’m all about yummy goodness and EASY meals when it comes to dinner and meal planning.
Instant Pot Recipe: Barbacoa Rice Bowl
Add this Barbacoa Rice Bowl to your Instant Pot recipe Rolodex and thank me in the morning. Wait, do people still have Rolodexes? Probably not. How about… save it to your pinboard? There! That’s better! I created a pin for you and added it to the bottom of the page. Enough of all of that – for now, let’s get to the ingredients list.
Instant Pot Recipe – Barbacoa Rice Bowl Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3 lbs beef eye of round
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups Long grain rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Black beans
Instant Pot Recipe – Barbacoa Rice Bowl Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine the adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, pepper, salt, lime juice, chipotle peppers, sugar, and water. Stir to combine.
- In your Instant Pot, add the oil and turn it on the sauté feature.
- Once the oil is hot add the beef.
- Sear all of the sides until it forms a nice brown crust. Add the bay leaves and the liquid from the blender.
- Lock the lid, set the timer for 65 minutes on high.
- When the timer is done, shut the pressure cooker off and let it perform a natural release. Take out the beef pieces placing them into a bowl. Use 2 forks and shred the beef.
- Remove the bay leaves from the liquid.
- Place your shredded beef back into the Instant Pot until ready to serve. This allows the beef to remain moist and more flavorful.
- Serve with rice and toppings.
What do you think? Are you going to give this one a shot? I hope you do! If you are looking for suggestions, I would add my roasted corn salsa as a side. I also have these burrito boats that are kind of fun. But meat on meat might be too much. I will leave that up to you.