10 Ways To Support Women Today: International Women’s Day #IWD2018 #InternationalWomensDay
It’s International Women’s Day and in an attempt to bring awareness to the subject, I wanted to write a post highlighting ways to support women in your community and beyond. I want to note that while we are touching on this subject this morning, your support should push forward all year long. Today is a great conversation starter for people who might not have women’s issues top of mind. But please – let’s try not to forget once these 24 hours have passed. A movement only continues to have momentum as long as there are people behind it.
10 Ways You Can Support Women Today: International Women’s Day
- Purchase goods /services from a small business founded by a woman
- Visit Twitter and search for social good campaigns looking for RTs. For every RT, a company usually donates money to a cause.
- Educate your children about the matter.
- Research more about International Women’s Day. You can do a general search on Google or you could start here.
- Tell your story. Share your struggles and accomplishments online. Keep the conversation going.
- If you are in a place of power, use it. Call for inclusion.
- Recognize our downfalls as a society. Accept them. It’s ok. It’s hard to swallow. It’s OK. We have to own it before we can learn from it.
- Get involved in a local protest.
- Write letters to your congress representatives about inclusion.
- Be the change.
Do you have other ideas that you’d like to share? How do you honor International Women’s Day? What messages do you share with your children?