Essential Cooking Skills and 100 Delicious Recipes from The Haven’s Kitchen (giveaway)
Artisan Books partnered with me to support an exciting new cookbook!
Alison Cayne takes the essential skills gleaned from her popular cooking school classes at Haven’s Kitchen into her first comprehensive teaching cookbook, The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School.
The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School includes 100 delicious recipes carefully chosen by Cayne and her expert staff with food inspired by global cuisine and a modern sensibility of how we like to eat today.
Each of the book’s nine chapters revolves around a key lesson taught through a collection of recipes to ensure that readers are not simply memorizing a canon of tried-and-true instructions; they are learning how to cook for a lifetime.
Taste of What You Get
Cayne andThe Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School equips home cooks with fundamental building blocks they need to feel confident and at ease in the kitchen. Those skills include:
- How to Get Over Your Fear of Frying
- How to Pick & Cut Herbs
- How to Make Stock
- How to Stock Your Refrigerator & Pantry
- How to Boil Eggs
- How to Make an Omelet
- How to Make Dressing
- How to Filet a Cooked Fish
- How to Roast Garlic
- How to Make Stock
- How to Make & Store Sauces
- How to Assemble a Galette
- Knife Cuts: Slice, Dice, Julienne, Oblique, Brunoise, Chiffonade, Supreme
- How to Cook Vegetables: Blanche, Braise, Sautée, Roast & Grill
- How to Cook Proteins: Poach, Roast, Steam, Broil, & Stew
A Little Sample & Giveaway
I think you’re into this book as much as I am, but just to whet your appetite a bit check out the Introduction of The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by clicking right here*.
*Excerpted from The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2017. Photographs by Con Poulos.
To further whet that appetite, how about a giveaway**?? One (1) lucky winner will receive:
- The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School (deliciously educational!)
- plus a $100 Visa gift card to stock the kitchen with the essentials!
Find Out More
- Find the book on Amazon
- Follow Haven’s Kitchen: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Follow Artisan Books: Twitter | Instagram
- Search #HavensKitchenCookbook | #CookWithConfidence
Alison Cayne is the owner of Haven’s Kitchen, a cooking school, café, and event space in New York City. Cayne started Haven’s Kitchen as a place to inspire and educate people about food and sustainability issues. She serves on the boards of Edible Schoolyard NYC and the Food and Environment Reporting Network and has been featured in such publications as the New York Times, Vogue, Elle, Domino, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, and Goop. She has a master’s in food studies from New York University, where she is now an adjunct professor. Cayne lives in New York City with her five children. Find her on Instagram @havenskitchen.
**Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Artisan Books.