Easy Tips To Keep The Ants Away This Summer
Ants! They are the bane of my existence. Anyone else? Especially when the warmer weather starts rolling around. If you are looking for natural ways to get rid of ants, I have some great recommendations for you! Whether they are crawling on your counter or trying to get an invite to your backyard picnic, here are some great tips to help get rid of those pesky guests… naturally! With summer comes one of the season’s most annoying pests: ants.
During the months of June – August, hot and humid weather draws water out of the soil forcing ants to travel in search of food and water. I mean… I don’t blame them but I also don’t want them running my show. I can barely keep up with my three kids, I don’t need a thousand other little critters to worry about!! 🙂
When it comes to ant management, you don’t have to stock up on harmful chemicals to do the job. I have a four-year-old and the last thing I want in my home or at my picnic is something that might be dangerous for him to touch. Not to mention my little dog!!! Stop an ant infestation this summer before it starts with fast-acting, non-toxic Stay Away® Ants repellent pouches. Stay Away® Ants is a natural ant repellent that has been tested and proven safe and effective.
The pouches are made from lemongrass, peppermint, thyme essential oils and plant cellulose fiber from corn cobs – so they smell great as well. Stay Away® Ants works by using the ants’ highly sensitive scent receptors. Basically, Stay Away® Ants block the scents they are searching for and make them avoid the treated area.
If you are looking for more natural ways to keep ants away, check out what Kari Warberg Block, pest prevention expert and founder of EarthKind®, has to say.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Ants – Outdoors
- Ants could do without their morning coffee. To deter ants, sprinkle coffee grounds outside to keep them away from your gatherings.
- Cinnamon sprinkles. Sprinkle cinnamon on surfaces where you’ve seen ants congregate.
- Don’t throw away citrus peels. Lemons, limes and oranges may add zip to your favorite drinks. But ants see them as the enemy.
- Draw the line and ants won’t cross it. When it comes to ants ruining your get togethers, you need to draw the line. Do it with chalk! Block their entryway with a thin line of chalk or baby powder. Talcum powder is a natural ant repellent.
- Pouch Up – EarthKind’s® Stay Away® Ants is a great way to keep ants away. The pouches are made from lemongrass, peppermint, thyme essential oils and plant cellulose fiber from corn cobs – so they smell great as well.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Ants – Indoors
- Seal Up – Ants can enter through very small openings. Check the area thoroughly to find small cracks or holes ants might use to gain entry. The best way to avoid an ant problem is to seal them out of a house by filling in the cracks in the foundation and caulking cracks around doors, windows, plumbing, electrical conduits and any other avenue where they gain entry.
- Clean Up – Any type of food or food particles can attract and provide food for ants. Store food, especially pet food, in tight containers. Remove plants that can attract ants such as peonies and control aphids, whiteflies and other insects that produce honeydew. Reduce moisture sources, including condensation and leaks.
- Pouch Up – EarthKind’s® Stay Away® Ants is a great alternative way to get rid of ants. It is safer and longer lasting than chemical killers and keeps ants from entering spaces in the first place. Repelling ants creates less mess than baiting ants and stops the problem before it begins.
Do you have any tips you’d like to share? Have you tried Stay Away Ants? Would love to hear your thoughts!
*this is a sponsored post