A Dance Lesson From The ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Crew And @Dance10Alan #ABCTVEvent (With Video) #DWTS
Dancing with the Stars fans, this one is for you!
Imagine being able to have a private dance lesson with the greats from this hit ABC show. How was I feeling right before entering the studio in LA? Absolutely terrified. I don’t ballroom dance. I … club dance! Sure, I was fake IDing my day through Manhattan since high school… but that doesn’t mean that I was ready for a one on one with Alan Bersten and crew. Please! I was so completely out of my element. But it was part of the trip and I am a team player and always up for a new experience. So, we rolled in and went with the flow.
They told me to dress in comfortable dance clothing. I went in skinny jeans and boots. Ya know… because that’s what I think of when I think comfort. LOL.
PS –> Remember when I had that amazingly cool experience on Dancing with the Stars last year? I did a little commentary on their digital show? SUPER FUN. I think the video is still live. Check it out here.
Anyway, the entire crew split up our group and taught us a really quick salsa move and then we had ourselves a little dance off. A flipping Dancing with the Stars dance off. WHAT? So much fun!
I wasn’t even going to bring a water bottle because I didn’t think I was really going to get into it, but it was SO MUCH FUN and I pretty drank my entire drink. LOL! Apparently… dancing is exercise or something.
Alan was so much fun! Great personality and super patient with us all. Really adorable too. Here he is dancing with Heather Morris. I actually feel pretty lucky that I ended up on his team.
Are you ready to tune into the next Dancing with the Stars episode? I have all the information you need for your DVR.
THE EIGHT REMAINING COUPLES DANCE TO SOME OF THE MOST ICONIC SONGS FROM FAMOUS BOY BANDS AND GIRL GROUPS THROUGHOUT MUSICAL HISTORY, ON ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, APRIL 24
The Celebrities Compete Against Each Other in Team Dances – Men vs. Women
- Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter Is a Guest Judge
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Returns to the Ballroom Floor
- One Couple Will Be Eliminated at the End of the Night
“Episode 2406” – The eight remaining celebrities will dance to songs from some of the most popular boy bands and girl groups throughout history, and the men and women will also compete against each other in team dances, on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, APRIL 24 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter joins Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough as a guest judge in the DWTS crew.
To add some spice to the competition, it’s Team Dances with men vs. women:
TEAM BOY BAND
Bonner Bolton, Nick Viall, David Ross and Rashad Jennings will dance to a medley of “Dancing Machine” by Jackson 5, “You Got It (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block and “Best Song Ever” by One Direction.
TEAM GIRL GROUP
Simone Biles, Nancy Kerrigan, Normani Kordei and Heather Morris will dance to a medley of “My Boyfriend’s Back” by The Chiffons, “No Scrubs” by TLC and “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony.
- Each celebrity will perform a samba, rumba, tango, paso doblé, salsa, Argentine tango or jive.
- At the end of the night, based on scores and votes from last Monday, one couple will be eliminated.
Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):
- Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Samba – “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Rumba – “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys
- Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Tango – “Reach Out, I’ll Be There” by The Four Tops
- Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Paso Doblé – “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue
- Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Salsa – “When I Grow Up” by The Pussycat Dolls
- Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Rumba – “Waterfalls” by TLC
- David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Argentine Tango – “I Want You Back” by *NSYNC
- Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Jive – “Fun, Fun, Fun” by The Beach Boys
For week six, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at ABC.com at http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/ and on Facebook at http://bit.ly/2cdE4PL is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.
Let’s Get Social:
Disney invited me to attend this press event. All travel and accommodations were covered.