20 Mother’s Day Presents Your Wife Actually Wants
I love presents. Don’t get me wrong. Some of the suggestions I’m about to post below will actually be tangible items. However, more times than not, moms are looking for substance when it comes to their Mother’s Day surprise. Again, don’t get me wrong, if my husband shows up with a brand new Louis Vuitton bag in a few weeks, I won’t turn him away! But you know what? That would mean he was listening!!! Louis Vuitton is a brand that I talk about quite often.
It’s not about the last minute candle or the easy spa gift certificate… unless a facial is something mom has been chatting up.
Here’s the secret, Dads. Listen.
Every mom will have a different solution. My clutch will be another woman’s shawl. So, while I’m going to give you a few generic solutions, I want to encourage you to keep your eyes and ears peeled for what your special lady is really hoping for. She’s telling you! Trust me!!
20 Things Moms Actually Want For Mother’s Day
- Handmade items from the children are always a win.
- Personalized notes from you – expressing love and appreciation.
- A quiet day at home – take the kids out and let mom just relax and do whatever she wants.
- Dinner in with the family – dad takes care of it all (buying the goods, cooking, and cleaning – point is, mom is off duty).
- Night out with a few of her favorite friends – set it up and pay for it.
- Date with you – no kids. Call in a favor with the grandparents.
- Refill of her favorite perfume.
- Experiential class with you – cooking, painting etc. You name it. Create a memory together while on a date. When was the last time the two of you did something like this together?
- Breakfast in bed (as long as the kitchen is cleaned up after it is done).
- A new XYZ – I can’t tell you what this item is but I can guarantee that she has been dropping hints all month long. You just have to be open to her suggestions. Better yet, ask the kids. I’m sure she’s told them by now.
- Overnight or a weekend getaway – just the two of you. Reconnect over a bottle of her favorite wine.
- Family portrait – set up a session with a local photographer.
- Clean house – top to bottom. Send her out for a few hours and start scrubbing!
- Hot bubble bath and a brand new book from her favorite genre.
- Does she travel a lot? Get her a new tote. Does she commute to work? Get her new winter boots. Whatever she does for work – give her something to make that task a bit easier. Think about her day and fix it.
- Personalized gift basket filled with some of her favorite things – toiletries, food, house supplies etc. Show that you still very much know the woman you married.
- Gold necklace featuring the initials of all of your children. Something she can wear daily.
- Day at the spa with her mother / best friend / even you! Make sure she has someone to go with to spend the afternoon with in the jacuzzi.
- Spend the entire day doing whatever she asks. Give her a “yes dear” kind of day.
- If you are still unsure of what to get your wife, think about making her a bouquet of gift cards. You know what she loves – help her continue those passions with gift cards to her favorite stores. Gift cards are usually very impersonal, but if you put 5 or 6 of them together, it shows that you thought through this idea and it wasn’t a last minute idea. Flowers and passion = one happy mama.
Do you have any other ideas that you’d like to share? Would love to hear!