This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.
Pasta night is an absolute staple in my household. I mean… I’m half Italian and first generation American. How can you expect anything less? There’s nothing like sitting down for a meal with my family of five on a lazy Sunday evening and breaking bread with my most favorite people in the world. It reminds me a lot of my childhood. The simplicity of it all. There’s so much hustle and bustle these days. The after school activities, the commitments, the expectations. Sometimes, it feels really good to bring it all back to the basics and get back to home
To help celebrate Italian-American heritage month, Johnsonville asked me to share one of my favorite recipes! How could I resist? I was so happy to receive this meal box from Johnsonville because it made my meal planning a breeze! Everything I needed was sent to me in one package – including the recipe! WHAT? What more can a mom ask for???
Spinach And Cheese Tortellini With Italian Sausage
In order to make Spinach Cheese Tortellini with Italian Sausage, you will need a few fresh ingredients and just a little time. Let’s get started!
- 1 package (12 oz) of Johnsonville Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 can (14.5 oz) roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) roasted tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 large can of (28 oz) of tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
You’ll get that authentic Italian flavor with the perfect blend of fresh herbs and spices that is sure to please with Johnsonville Sausage. So be sure to include this brand on your ingredients list!
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Drop the spinach cheese tortellini into the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of oil over high heat. Place the sausage – already removed from the casing – into the pan and allow it to cook. Move it occasionally to avoid sticking until the fat has been rendered – about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and set aside. Drain excess grease.
- In the same pan, add in the carrots, minced garlic and onions and cook until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Stir in the sausage, diced tomatoes, fresh spinach, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper, Let simmer for 4-6 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining sauce and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, plate the cooked tortellini and top with sauce mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese.
It’s no secret that pasta is a favorite dinner this time of year, especially when cooking for a crowd. Sausage takes basic pasta dishes up a notch over ground beef or turkey because it adds flavor with all of the spices and seasonings already mixed in the sausage, thanks to Johnsonville. Curious about what other great flavors Johnsonsville Sausage offers? Great news! Check out the variety below:
- Available in Trays and Party Packs
- Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- Fresh Italian Four Cheese Sausage Links
- All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage
- All Natural Fresh Italian Hot Ground Sausage
- All Natural Fresh Italian Sweet Ground Sausage
- Chorizo Ground Sausage
Whether you’re looking for a weeknight meal or a crowd-pleasing dish for a party, Johnsonville’s Italian sausage has you covered.
Let’s Get Social:
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/jvillesausage
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnsonville
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/jvillesausage