This recipe will yield a dozen Pokemon Oreos:
- Candy/Cookie mold
- 12 regular size Oreos
- 2 Tablespoons solid shortening
- 1 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts
- 8 mini lemon tootsie roll candies
- 8 mini red Airhead candy pieces
- Wilton black icing gel
- Wilton white icing gel or white pearls (24)
- In a double boiler, melt the shortening.
- Add the yellow candy melts and stir occasionally until melted. Once completely melted, transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the melted yellow chocolate into each mold.
- Lay an Oreo cookie in each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of each Oreo, filling to the top of each mold.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
PREP WORK FOR POKEMON OREOS
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Flatten each tootsie roll candy and cut out 3 small triangles from each piece (24 total). Dab a small amount of black icing gel on the top of each triangle and set on baking sheet to “dry.” These will be the Pokemon ears.
- Using the lid to your icing gel tube, press the lid down into the red Airhead candy to create a round circle cut-out. Create 3 cut outs per piece (24 total). These will be the rosy cheeks.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE POKEMON OREOS
- Pop Oreos out of their mold and lay on baking sheet.
- Re-heat the remaining melted yellow chocolate in the microwave until it’s melted again.
- Take each tootsie roll triangle and dip the base into the melted chocolate and press gently on top of each Oreo for the ears. Place back on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to harden.
- Using a toothpick, dab a small amount of melted chocolate onto the back of each red Airhead circle and place 2 on each Oreo for the rosy cheeks.
- With the black tube of icing gel, pipe 2 eyes, a nose and mouth onto each Oreo. Let the icing “set” for 10 minutes before you add a Wilton pearl (or you can use Wilton white icing) to the middle of each eye.