Edible Spring Flowers In Dirt Pudding: DIY Instructions
These are going to be so pretty … you might not want anyone to eat them. Make sure you have your camera on hand before you hand them off to friends. These DIY dirt puddings are definitely Instagram worthy!
Ready for some instructions?
Yields: 8 Flower Pots
Dirt Pudding Ingredients
- 1 pkg. French Vanilla JELL-O Pudding Mix
- 1¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 6 oz. Whipped Topping
- ½ pkg. Oreos
Fondant Flower Ingredients
- Wilton Pink Fondant
- Wilton Green Fondant
- Wilton Yellow Fondant (optional)
- Silicone Pot Mold
- Baking Rods/Wooden Sticks
- Small Paint Brush
- Green Food Coloring (Gel)
- Fondant Ball Rod
- Using an electric mixer, combine the pudding mix and milk. Add butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese. Mix on medium to high speed until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Crush Oreo cookies into small pieces. Add a handful of crushed Oreos into the bottom of each silicone pot mold. Layer with pudding mixture. Continue to alternate until full.
- Place in refrigerator for 20-40 minutes.
- Using a thin paintbrush, cover wooden baking rods with green food coloring gel. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to speed the drying process.
- Roll out a thin layer of pink fondant. Use small spoons to create the petal templates. Peel the petals from the spoons. Add petals, one by one, to stem (dried green wooden rod) and fold backward slightly. Use a touch of water (mixed with corn starch) to hold petals together. Allow each petal a few minutes to dry before adding additional petals.
- Optional (you can also use pink fondant for this step): Pinch off 3 tiny pieces of yellow fondant per flower. Roll gently until long and thin. Add a touch of water (mixed with corn starch) to bottoms and place inside each flower.
- Roll out a thin layer of green fondant. Using a knife, cut out long, thin leafs. Gently press leafs to create curves.
- Stick flower into each silicone pot mold, in the middle of the dirt pudding. Gently insert leafs. Serve and enjoy.
What do you think of these?! SO CUTE, right? I’m so in love! Perfect for Spring and beyond.