My Today Show Segment: Beauty Travel Hacks
Earlier this morning, I had the opportunity to do a travel segment for the Today Show. So much fun!! You KNOW that I travel SO MUCH for work — so this challenge was just perfect.
I had to come up with several hacks to help a busy woman on the go and I focused on beauty and fashion. My two favorite areas!!
Top Beauty Travel Hacks:
- Travel with a mini steamer for delicate clothing.
- Bring a compact flat iron and some dry shampoo to help extend your blow outs.
- Pack neutral colored clothing so you can re-wear some pieces without anyone noticing. Use statement necklaces to differentiate those looks.
- Grab a pill box and store your dainty jewelry and stud earrings. Keep them all separate.
- Stay away from liquids with makeup sticks. You can get foundation sticks, eyeshadow sticks and lip/cheek stains.
- Add cotton rounds to your powder compacts to ensure extra protection in case you drop them.
- Use a makeup travel system for easy storing like this one from Woosh.
- Consider purchasing a full makeup kit already set up – like this one from Stowaway Cosmetics.
- Do a face mask while in the air like celebrities Lady Gaga and Chrissy Teigan.
- Bring alone nail polish remover wipes and make up remover wipes that require no water.
- Bring this amazing pore cleanser pad with you on the road and leave your microdermabrasion machines at home.
One thing didn’t make it and I want to call it out!!
Classy Chargers! Say goodbye to boring charging equipment! Think USB cords, phone chargers, plugs and more!!
I had such a great time at NBC with the Today Show! Always a pleasure. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to work with that team again. 🙂